SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
Bama Inn(Huntsville)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewsshower roomfire pitfront deskvon braunsitting areasliding doorfree shuttleclose to downtowndesk areashuttle servicewould definitely stay here againnewer hoteloatmealconvention centerwork spaceking suitefridge and microwave
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First time to stay at a Springhill Suites. On business. New hotel close to the downtown area. Close to interstate. Nice rooms and a hot typical breakfast. Hotel has a small bar and outdoor fire pit. Room was nice size with free in room WIFI. Marriott has a very good rate for Seniors if they have rooms available.

Room Tip: If you are over 65 check on the senior rates at Marriott Hotels
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This is a newer hotel in Huntsville.

The "suite" was really just a larger hotel room with a room divider. There is no bathtub, just a shower stall, and the stall has only a small soap holder--nowhere to put shampoo, conditioner, etc. The shower was separate from the toilet area.

Their breakfast is nice; there was bacon, potatoes, eggs, a waffle bar, etc. Everything seemed to be clean.

There wasn't anything that really stood out at to differentiate this "suites" hotel from a "regular" hotel.

The "caveat emptor" comes from this: if you order take out, the hotel policy is that the delivery person can't bring it to your room. You have to go downstairs to get it. Had I known this, I would not have stayed here. That's the whole purpose of me ordering take out: after I've worked all day I want to relax in my room. When I found out, I had already put on sleep clothes, so I had to redress to go downstairs. My husband had to go with me because I couldn't carry all the food by myself (the delivery man had baskets to carry the food in); he had an injury to his knee and had difficulty walking, but it didn't matter to the hotel staff. I won't stay here again for this reason; things like this matter to me, and I wasn't made aware up front of this policy.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed here on a "girls" weekend in Huntsville. Downtown is difficult to navigate, lots of one way streets and blocked roads under construction. Our GPS would not locate the hotel because it's fairly new (2010). Once found, we weren't sure where the entrance was because it's not well lit and the design doesn't make the front entrance appear obvious. It kind of blends in with the rest of the building, but you check in the front and park behind the building.
Once inside, the lobby is uniquely decorated and contemporary. Relaxing colors and flowing turquoise curtains. The front desk staff and all staff are very welcoming, always smiling and holding doors while greeting you. Breakfast crew was welcoming, cleaned thoroughly and made sure everything was appropriately hot/cold and available. Nice choice of foods and healthy options. Waffle machine, breads, muffins, yogurt and fresh fruit. Regular fare, but scrambled eggs and tasty hash browns too.
Rooms do have an odd lay-out, but it works well if you have more than two. Decent sized siting area, easy access Wi-Fi. Small kitchen, micro and fridge with relaxing colors and spotlessly clean. My only complaint was the heavy Asian inspired doors that were very difficult to open or close. One was off track and we ended up sliding it half-way and leaving it there, but you do have to compromise privacy in that event. The beds are firm and the pull out bed is extremely firm. Not bad, if you like a firm mattress, but we would have preferred a comfy pillow-top. Beds left us a bit stiff. Other than that, great stay and I would come back again for a short visit.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here to try something different on my stay in Huntsville for once. It's very close to downtown if you have business there but there isn't a lot downtown anyway. The place is clean is kind of away from everything and an odd layout to even get there off the highway. Staff was friendly, and the rooms were nice but didn't feel that normal coziness you feel at a lot of hotels. I felt like I was there for work and didn't want to hang around in my room. Usually Springhills are a bit more cozy. Not a bad stay though and if you have business downtown, it's a good option.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank RIfratboy
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Have stayed there twice recently, May and July of this year. The breakfast is considerably better than most "Free" breakfasts you find at other chains. The rooms are huge! Plenty of room to separate work and eating from the sleep are. The extra restroom would be great if traveling with a partner and one hogs the sink or commode area, you can still brush your teeth in peace! Each time I was on the first floor and the ceilings are very tall, can't speak for the other floors, but this made the room seem even larger. The pool is sheltered from the sun most of the day by the building, good thing if you forgot sunscreen.

Room Tip: Marriott Reward users can often save $5-10 bucks.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo