SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown
$100
$123
$108
Doubletree.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$78
$122
Clarion Inn(Huntsville)(Great Value!)
$75
$73
Agoda.com
All reviewsshower roomfire pitfront deskvon braunsitting areasliding doorfree shuttleclose to downtowndesk areashuttle servicewould definitely stay here againnewer hoteloatmealconvention centerwork spaceking suitefridge and microwave
Reviewed February 26, 2012

What an interesting place. This is a nice new hotel. But the design of everything is straight out of The Jetsons. In particular, every aspect of the rooms looks like a 60's vision of the future. But not in a cheap or tacky way. It's the coolest looking room I've ever seen in a chain hotel.

Otherwise, the room was very clean, spacious, and comfortable. It's a stretch to call this a suite, but it does have a sitting area separated from the sleeping area. The bed was comfortable, the air worked fine, and the room seem quiet. The room also had a fridge, safe, and coffee maker.

The look in the lobby is a little less pulled together, but it is still nice.

There is tiny little full-service bar just around the corner from the front desk. A little pricey, but great for a nightcap, since this hotel is a bit of a hike from anything else downtown.

The continental breakfast was okay, but nothing to write home about.

The front desk seemed like a rather frantic place when we checked in on a Friday night. Apparently, they were busier than normal due to a volley ball tournament scheduled for the next day. My suggestion is that they should be prepared to suck it up and make it happen, since they obviously know in advance when they will be busy.

All-in-all, a good choice in Huntsville for at a good price.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Even_Stephen
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I stayed in this hotel on a prior visit to Huntsville, AL and was very impressed. This was my first choice on a return visit 17-19 Feb 12. It was a disaster from the start. First, after traveling 7 hours from SC and making reservations with confirmation # we were told that the hotel is overbooked and we will have to stay elsewhere. After discussing this with another employee for 5 mins right in front of us and not letting us know what the heck is going on Nathan, Front Desk Manager got on the phone and arranged for me and my party to stay at the Marriot-Huntsville (No Charge). That made things a little better. Who can argue with "Free". But the Marriot-Huntsville was no better. We were locked out of our room after the first night. Because, Nathan at Springhill Suites did not let the front desk clerk know prior to our arrival how many nights we were staying. How embarrassing. They gave us a free breakfast to make up for the mix up. I travel frequently and Marriot Corporation is always my first choice. But they truly disappointed me this time. This is not the Marriot Corporation I have grown to love.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank adonispen
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Excellent facility - new, clean, comfortable, etc. Huntsville can be hard to find gov't rate rooms at nice hotels but I never have a problem at this property. They were very accomodating for my early arrival!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank andreaewalker
Mike B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Most Excellent!!

Thank you for the kudos and we pay very close attention to what our customers are telling us. Especially on trip. So we look forward to your return and will do everything we can to continue to deliver great product/service delivery.

We appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

I wanted somewhere to stay in downtown Huntsville and waffled between the Holiday Inn and the Springhill Suites. I can't speak to the former, but I doubt it could have been any more impressive than the Springhill Suites.

Everything seemed very new, very modern, and very clean. The color scheme was welcoming and hip, for lack of a better word. The staff was friendly and helpful, the breakfast spread good (with a waffle iron!) and the price reasonable.

Highly recommended, provided you can find it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James K
Mike B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2012

Thank you so much for the kudos on our hotel!! As you can tell we take these comments seriously and they are shared with our managment team for they are an important report card on how well we are doing. So.... we are very happy that you found us to be a good choice.

The next time your plans call for Huntsville please ask for Elena Salorio who oversee's the front office and we'll do something special as a thank you for the nice note.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 10, 2012

I just returned from a 3 night stay. The staff was wonderful and the hotel was clean. However, there were problems.

The biggest one was with the transportation. I returned my rental car to the airport the night before I was to fly out and the shuttle driver drove me back to the hotel. No problems there. The driver told me that the Huntsville airport was so small that I shouldn't leave the hotel until 5 AM. To be safe, I decided to depart at 4:40 AM. However, even though I made arrangements with the front desk the night before my departure, everything went wrong. The clerk who made the reservation seemed distracted (I was calling from the phone in my room) and needed to be corrected about the pick-up time. He finally seemed to get it straight and told me the hotel would pay for a taxi to take me to the airport at 4:40 AM the next morning. (He said their shuttle driver would not be available at that time). To be safe, I called the front desk before departing my room at 4:20 AM the next morning. There was a different desk clerk and he couldn't find a record of my reservation, but called a cab and said they should be there in "10 minutes" (pick up at 4:30). When it failed to show, and another 20 minutes had ticked by, he said an on-site manager could take me to the airport, but later said there was no one on staff to take me. At 5 AM, after numerous calls by the clerk, a taxi from another company pulled up, with the original taxi company's cab right behind him. I just barely made it to the airport in time, and don't even want to know how fast the driver had to drive to get me there. I think the hotel should have a better back-up plan in place, in case the taxi companies do not show up. And, the shuttle driver's advice to depart so late was faulty... I should have left earlier, as I normally do.

As other reviewers noted, put Embassy Suites in your GPS to find this hotel. Also, as noted, the little square bed pillows are awful; I woke with a crick in my neck every AM. Breakfast was so-so; no variation from day-to-day.

Room Tip: Set GPS to "Embassy Suites". Allow at least an hour and a half to get to the airport and check in. Breakfast fare doesn't change; no omlets, biscuits n gravy, sausage sandwiches, etc.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Mike B, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Huntsville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a response on tripadvisor. We take the comments very seriously and respond accordingly.

I was familiar with your situation to get to the airport which is 20 minutes from our hotel and sometimes even less. From your commentary our front desk did not handle your request with professional acumen and for that I apologize. We should have done a much better job. The cab company, which the hotel uses, was to have picked you up at the appointed time and they did not. In fact the next day I spoke with the president of the cab company, A+, to let him know how you were inconvenienced. In the end you are right that we should have responded quicker in this situation when we were aware A+ was not going to be able to pick you up. To make the situation more difficult the city had a convention in town and the cab service was stretched. Again I apologize.

As for the other items you mentioned we do feature eggs each day but also our offering is beyond what most SpringHill's serve via the fresh fruit and breakfast potatoes along with whole fruit, oatmeal, premium cinnamon, sugar cinnamon, salasa for the eggs, raisins, brown sugar, walnuts. two flavors of waffels and powered sugar to top them off. We do change the menu up on the week ends to include sausage gravy. We do have limitations of carrying a vast array of items and preparing selections such as cooked to order omelets is something that you would find at a more expensive full service hotel. But will look into the breakfast sandwiches you mentioned. As for the pillows they are less than 6 months old and are to Marriott specification. Possibly the next time you return we can gladly add more foam pillows for your sleeping pleasure.

Again we appreciate your comments and they will be shared with the staff of the hotel. The next time your plans call for Huntsville please call our Assistant General Manager, Elena Salorio and she will be happy to make your reservations and make your stay is a special one.

Best Regards,