“Needs a public restroom”

Huntsville Ghost Walk
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Huntsville
Frederick, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Needs a public restroom”
Reviewed March 29, 2012

We enjoyed our first ghost walk, and drove two hours from Birmingham to go on another one. We were shocked that the Harrison Brothers Hardware store does not allow the tour guests to use its restrooms. They are getting so much extra business from the tours, it seems like they could be accommodating. We were told that we could walk several blocks to a restaurant to use the restroom. Unfortunately, we had to make alternate plans that evening. We have been on ghost tour in over 7 cities, and each one provides a restroom. Some even stop during the middle of the tour for a break. It just doesn't seem like this tour is interested in the consumers.

Visited September 2011
6 Thank 48st4ct

Anytown, USA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have been on the Huntsville Ghost Walk Tours a number of times, and I am always impressed by them. The guides are very nice and know their stuff. The history is very interesting, and the homes on the walks are beautiful. We've been on three of the tours, and my favorites are Old Town and Twickenham. If you will be in Huntsville, you should go! The price is reasonalbe, particularly compared with other ghost walks in the Southeast.

Visited October 2011
9 Thank Rutherford H
Huntsville, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Worth doing”
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We went on the Ghost Walk last year and had a really good time. Jackie was our guide. She was very knowledgeable, and being a history nerd, I totally loved it.

I give the Ghost Walk 4 out of 5 stars for our visit last year. Now they have three walks, so we will have to check out the other two.

We did the trolley tour tonight. It was worth doing as well, but I would have to give it three out of five stars. To be fair, I probably would have given the trolley tour a higher rating if:

1. The speakers for the guide worked (They are getting a new system soon)
2. The lady behind would have stopped having her epic conversation with another passenger, making it harder to hear the guide
3. They waited for dark to start the tour

Visited September 2011
9 Thank bwillyx1
Athens, al
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“LOVED it! Can't wait to go again this year.”
Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I had a blast on all three tours in 2010. I can't say that any one was better than the others. The price was very reasonable. We learned FACTS about Huntsville we never knew, and enjoyed ghost stories along the way. We can't wait to join the knowledgable guides again this season!

Visited August 2010
9 Thank HuntsvilleFan
South U.S.
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Good, but could be much better”
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've been on several ghost tours throughout the southeast, and the Huntsville tour seemed somewhat mediocre overall. My guide was wonderful - she was very friendly and knew her history, which was great. The price was also very reasonable. However, the tour itself did not have a frightening undertone whatsoever, which I expected from a "ghost" tour. There were several young children on my tour, and I got the impression some stories were toned down for them. Also, 95 percent of the tour was in broad daylight - it didn't get anywhere near dark until the very end.

Overall, if you've never been on a ghost tour before, you'll probably enjoy this, but if you're familiar with the big tours in Savannah, New Orleans, etc., this probably won't impress you.

Visited October 2010