“Worth doing”

Huntsville Ghost Walk
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Huntsville
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We went on the Ghost Walk last year and had a really good time. Jackie was our guide. She was very knowledgeable, and being a history nerd, I totally loved it.

I give the Ghost Walk 4 out of 5 stars for our visit last year. Now they have three walks, so we will have to check out the other two.

We did the trolley tour tonight. It was worth doing as well, but I would have to give it three out of five stars. To be fair, I probably would have given the trolley tour a higher rating if:

1. The speakers for the guide worked (They are getting a new system soon)
2. The lady behind would have stopped having her epic conversation with another passenger, making it harder to hear the guide
3. They waited for dark to start the tour

9  Thank bwillyx1

Reviewed July 10, 2011

My husband and I had a blast on all three tours in 2010. I can't say that any one was better than the others. The price was very reasonable. We learned FACTS about Huntsville we never knew, and enjoyed ghost stories along the way. We can't wait to join the knowledgable guides again this season!

9  Thank HuntsvilleFan
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I've been on several ghost tours throughout the southeast, and the Huntsville tour seemed somewhat mediocre overall. My guide was wonderful - she was very friendly and knew her history, which was great. The price was also very reasonable. However, the tour itself did not have a frightening undertone whatsoever, which I expected from a "ghost" tour. There were several young children on my tour, and I got the impression some stories were toned down for them. Also, 95 percent of the tour was in broad daylight - it didn't get anywhere near dark until the very end.

Overall, if you've never been on a ghost tour before, you'll probably enjoy this, but if you're familiar with the big tours in Savannah, New Orleans, etc., this probably won't impress you.

4  Thank SweetGirl505
Reviewed September 25, 2010

My husband and I attended the ghost walk tour last summer which took us through the Old Town neighborhood. This was their first year, so we didn't expect much. The guide provided interesting ghost stories backed by historical facts. We went back this year hoping for an improved presentation. We were surprised that they have now broken it up into 3 neighborhood tours and a trolley tour. Hoping for new stories, we decided to go on the Twickenham excursion. BIG mistake. The guides gave shotty historical information, and, oftentimes, we forgot that we were even on a ghost tour (forgettable/weak stories). We abandoned the tour early. IF you decide to go on this walking tour, our advice is to select the Old Town group.

13  Thank Blossomwood2010