“Not worth the price”
Review of Nick's Ristorante

Nick's Ristorante
Ranked #30 of 598 Restaurants in Huntsville
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Northern Italian Steakhouse for discerning adults age 19 and above. Smoke free dining room with cigar friendly lounge. Live entertainment weekly.
Waterdown
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had received a few suggestions to try Nick's for a fine dining experience. The decor/ambiance was top notch. The place gives you a good warm feeling and our first impression was "this could become our go to place". Then we had the food. My sons steak was not cooked to the correct doneness and was bland. We could have cooked a better flavoured NY strip at home. I ordered the Veal chop. Whatever seasoning they used was terrible and half of the chop was left on the plate. Later that night I had a bathroom experience if you know what I mean. My wife's stuffed flounder was tasty but barely warm. My daughter-in-laws Prime Rib with au jus was cooked on the grill. Don't know why they would do that to a good piece of prime rib unless it was to get it to the correct doneness I.e. Medium. Nevertheless she did enjoy the meal. All in all the food did not meet our expectations and the cost was significant. Not good value at all.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank JohnWaterdown

Huntsville, Alabama
“My Neighborhood Ristorante”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Very pleasant atmosphere. Great for special occasions. My wife & I both got chopped! She had a pork chop & I had a most excellent lamb chop. We liked the breadsticks & salad. We both really loved the lemon pillow dessert.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Lynn30620
Alabama
“Nick's is our favorite”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Nick's is our favorite restaurant, for special occasions or when we just want a really good meal in a relaxing atmosphere. They welcome you and treat you like family. The food is unfailingly delicious, and the weekend fish special is always a treat. The lemon pillow dessert is divine! You can't go wrong choosing Nick's for dinner.

• Visited August 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Horrible - You've been warned”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This restaurant was horrible! Over-priced and lack-luster food. Shrimp in the cocktail was basically flavorless because of being frozen. The complementary cheese was processed straight out of a can The steaks we're improperly cooked. NOTHING was fresh! The worst offense was the Tiramisu, it made my wife sick, literally vomit when we got home. We were told it was made fresh, which found out later was a lie. The waitress tried a bit and confirmed is had soured. When I called to inform DAVE the manager, that he might want to not serve anymore he shrugged me off. I was also lied to that he would "make it right if I called tomorrow" Then, calling the next day, was told "sorry we already processed you're check, you can come by for a credit (to a restaurant I will never set foot in again). If you're willing to pay $150 to rent some food for 30 minutes, have fun.
This place is a joke! Just looking at it from the front you can see it is something out of a nightmare show. Trying to be up-scale in a strip-mall. I should have followed my gut, to RUN as soon as we sat down at the table, to bad for my wife's gut, I didn't...

• Visited August 2013
2 Thank John F
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great food and ambiance!”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

The food was outstanding, service was excellent, and the ambiance was awesome! First time after a referral from a DAU professor and he did not disappoint! We tried everything from the appetizers, bisque, main entree and dessert and we loved everything! We met Nick the owner and were able to tell him that we had a fantastic dining experience and that we would be back weekly.

Visited July 2013