“Very Good Food......Would be Better with More Attention to Detail” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cyn Shea's Cafe

Cyn Shea's Cafe
Ranked #135 of 593 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Cyn Shea's Cafe and Catering, a restaurant located in downtown Huntsville, AL. Cyn Shea's is known for its amazing baked goods (all made in house daily), delicious sandwiches, and original salads. All menu items are prepared after you order, with only the finest ingredients, to create the perfect culinary experience for every customer. At Cyn Shea's Café you will begin "Creating Your Perfect Meal" by choosing from our Shea's Signature Favorites OR Designing Your Own Favorite. First: Choose Soup, Salad, or Sandwich Second: Assemble from a variety of Breads, Proteins, Toppings, & Dressings Third: Add a Side & Beverage. Fourth: Save room for Dessert & Coffee! Need plans for Saturday morning? Why not join us for our Jazz Brunch! Brunch is served each Saturday from 9:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m., with live Jazz musicians playing from 10:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. RESTAURANT SPACE AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE EVENTS Monday - Saturday Evenings up to 150 Guests offering amenities like- 106" Projection Screen Fully Equipped Stage & Microphone Free Wi-Fi Fireplaces & Lounge Area Garden Patio Seating Homemade Ice Cream & Specialty Espresso Available PLEASE SPEAK WITH OUR CATERING PLANNER & LET OUR EVENT TEAM HELP CREATE YOUR PERFECT NIGHT!
“Very Good Food......Would be Better with More Attention to Detail”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Each meal I've had here has been very tasty, and I recommend the restaurant to others. Overall this place is a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine. Just a few negatives: I have ordered the Salmon BLT on three occassions, and each time the meal was delivered differently. The 1st time was wonderful and complete as stated in the menu. The 2nd time the Salmon BLT was missing "B"......can't have a BLT without the "B". The 3rd time I ordered 2 of the sandwiches. One sandwich came complete, the other had no roasted garlic aioli. So out of four sandwiches ordered, I've had to return to the counter for correction to two. 50-50 is not a good track record. The omeletes are very very good. I've had them on three occassions and the fresh fruit bowl which comes with it has differed in size each time. Paying $12 for a lunch sandwich comes with an expectation that the sandwich will include the ingredients listed in the menu, unless ordered otherwise. A little more attention to detail would result in an "excellent" rating.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Huntsville, Alabama
“Always great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Shea's Express is one of my favorite venues for social gatherings. They have a beautiful garden room that is perfect for small groups and the food and service are always first rate. It's my "go to" place when I want something done right. Wonderful atmosphere, great food, friendly service. Can't beat it.

• Visited August 2013
Madison, Alabama
“I have been here 3 times ( lunch meetings) WHY do they only have one cashier no matter how busy they are!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

And this last time we went we spent 15 minutes in line waiting to pay for our food , of which I have to say is over- priced. $10 for a sandwich and tea ? . 2 of us received our ordered food incorrect. My bread my tuna was on was stale. Not impressed. I won't go back.

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Cynthia S, Owner at Cyn Shea's Cafe, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
We are so sorry you had a negative experience with us. However, we have been trying to hire additional cashiers/baristas for months now and are having so much trouble finding a qualified, reliable employee! If you know anyone who needs a job from 6:30-2:30 everyday, at a very competitive pay rate, please send them our way!
Huntsville, Alabama
“Love The Food and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

The food is always great when I visit the restaurant , the catering always gets rave reviews from our staff when we serve it for breakfast! A great place for breakfast and lunch! You will love the breakfast rolls and muffins and at lunch, my favorites are the salads!! Make sure and try the Maple balsamic dressing :) YUM!!

• Visited July 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
“Owner's passion for food is our treat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Recently held a special luncheon here. Had never eaten here before but it was highly recommended. And for good reason... it is wonderful!!!! The food is excellent.

Our set menu offered the Mediterranean quiche, the Vermont maple salad (their #1 dish) or the apple turkey sandwich (their #2 most popular item). I had the quiche and it was a very thick slice and absolutely delicious. I also had some of the Vermont maple salad - a real tasty delight with lots of flavor. The turkey sandwich was thick with fresh cut turkey with melted cheese cascading down the sides. They said it was awesome and it looked it. (I'll have to go back to have one).

We served one of their specialty iced teas - mint julep tea (non-alcoholic). Very subtle flavor but thirst quenching and delicious. They made to order a special dessert for us called a panna cotta. Mmm, mmm, mmm!

The meals were beautifully presented on the plate and all totally delicious. We were in a nice little side room for our luncheon which worked out so well but the main dining area stayed busy and there was seating on the patio outside that was full as well.

Lots of good breads and pastries available here. I am sure they are all scrumptuous!

Cynthia was so easy to work with. Very professional and suggested nice combinations for our occasion. They even printed up special menus for our group - a nice touch.

Cynthia obviously takes great pride in her restaurant from the quality of the food to the experience you have here. It's a warm setting, very clean, fresh, and nice staff that works at the restaurant as well. You can't go wrong here!

Visited June 2013