“one of huntsville's best kept secrets”
Review of Cafe Berlin - CLOSED

Cuisines: German, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Flintville
“one of huntsville's best kept secrets”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

From the moment we entered we were greeted and promptly seated . As this was our first visit we asked our waiter for some time to review the menu ,he answered all questions and we ordered . The warm bread made us feel like we were back in grandmas home cooked bakery . Our food arrived HOT and well presented on the plate . From the first bite we just knew we had found something special , the red cabbage was the best i had had in years was just like what my great grandma use to make . We have eaten at the other German restaurants in Huntsville and they don't compare to Cafe Berlin . It's a 45 mile drive to Cafe Berlin but we will be back soon !! If i had only one complaint it would be that the waiters should wear name tags for us folks who can't remember names . great job to the fine folks of Cafe Berlin !

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Small but Nice”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Outstanding service and good German food. There is no rushing of your meal and the warm german bread is very good and they will bring you seconds. My favorite dishes is the cucumber salad with the warm bread any of the main courses and usually one of the daily specials. This time I had the crusted Talapia.

Guntersville, Alabama
“Authentic German Food - Love It”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I've eaten at Cafe Berlin dozens of times over the years. Their Wiener schnitzel beats any I've ever tasted in Germany. I have a hard time ordering anything else because I love it so much. The red cabbage, hot German potato salad and sauerkraut are all very flavorful and authentic. I sometimes order spaetzel (without the gravy) - $1 extra but worth it if you enjoy a dumpling-like noodle. The house salad is particularly good as the lettuce is always cold and crisp. The desserts look delicious....a good take-home item. They feature specials as well.
The decor is charming with black and white checked table cloths, and deep red and lime green walls, though the benches in the waiting area are worn and need to be recovered. If you're looking for something a little different, this is your place.

Houston, Alabama
“Great German food”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I love the food and atmosphere at Cafe Berlin! If you love authentic German food, this is a great place to eat.

Visited August 2012
Trion, Georgia
“Meh...”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

The menu was only sparingly German, and the sausages had little spice the knockwurst was kind of like a big hotdog. The kraut was excellent, which is great for me because I rarely enjoy the stuff. One of the people in my party ordered the chicken ravioli, an the sauce on it tasted like melted ice cream. Weird. The wait staff was very nice and professional, and it had a nice atmosphere, but I don't believe I'll be back. I suppose I am a bit picky, having grown up with German food, and having visited some of the more authentic Ohio and Pennsylvania sausagehauses.

• Visited May 2013