“Great schnitzel and red cabbage.”

Hildegard's German Cuisine
Ranked #6 of 627 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Hildegard's German Cuisine takes pride in serving meals that are freshly prepared, perfectly seasoned, and remind you of dishes served in your Oma's kitchen. You will never leave Hildegard's hungry! Pair your meal with one of our many German weine or biere, and don't forget to check out our decadent dessert case. If there is anything we can do to make your visit with us more enjoyable, please don't hesitate to ask. We look forward to serving you today and for many days to come.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Great german place. The schnitzel is out of this world/ and the sweet red cabbage is great. I was there for dinner and had the plain schnitzel, red cabbage, potatoes and a salad all for one price. Bread and butter also. Will return again soon. Can't go wrong with the schnitzel. Loved the red cabbage.

1  Thank BILLOSU

Reviewed March 14, 2014

This is a favorite of ours. The schnitzel is wonderful, as are the red cabbage and pan fried potatoes. We have yet to try a dessert because we can't even finish our entree! Portions are generous.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I returned for lunch today. Again – simply incredible. Tried the Beef Rouladen with the pan fried German potatoes and of course the red cabbage!! Terrific. Had to get an extra side order of sauerkraut. Not sure how they make it, but it sure tastes better than the garbage you get out of a can!!

The place was hopping, so plan a few extra minutes to get lunch. It’s fast – just not fast food. And thankfully it does not taste like it either!! Portions were (again) huge. Far too much for one, so order a to-go box right off the bat. I’ll be eating off this lunch for the next two days!! And it is better each day!

They have expanded their beer and wine menu. Tested a beer, but too early in the day for wine. An impressive list, but I’ll leave the evaluation to the next guy. Enough from me!! Go visit. You will NOT be disappointed!!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My husband and I had a nice evening here at Hildegards. We were promptly seated and waited on. The decor was average and the rooms were on the small side. They had a few tables outside also but not much to look at. Different beers from Germany and entrees were offered. My husband ordered Beef Rouladen with a salad with dill ranch dressing and red cabbage. I ordered a sampler platter schnitzel, bratwurst, and a smoked chop with sauerkraut and cream of asparagus soup. A small thing of bread came first with the beers. Then the entrees. The desserts were on display which was wonderful. We got two desserts to go. Everything was very good except the lime pie we took with us which was not sweet enough. Come and have a nice evening.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I grew up in Germany and am a big critic of German Food. Until I tried Hildegards German Cuisine in Huntsville nothing came close to meeting my standards. The food is consistently delicious and prepared like I prepare at home. So excited to have found a good German restaurant in the USA and fortunate to have it right here in my home town!