“Excellent BBQ. Pricey, and a limited in side dish options”

Moe's Original Bar B Que
Ranked #185 of 608 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch
Description: Moe's Original Bar B Que features award-winning Bama-style BBQ smoked over white oak and served with two unique sauces along with eight to ten Southern sides and tasty desserts. Moe's location in Huntsville will have four flat screen TVs for sports viewing, a patio with picnic tables, views of the mountains and Jones Valley, not to mention acoustic music on some weekends.
IN
“Excellent BBQ. Pricey, and a limited in side dish options”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

I had the pulled pork basket. It was all I could ask for. Smallish in size, but I would have eaten that until I felt sick, so it's probably for the best that the sizes weren't huge. One of only a few places that work best with no sauce at all. The meat is perfectly seasoned, served juicy (I was impressed with how tightly the meat was packed on the bun), and is just a great little bite to eat.

I wish they offered a 2-meat, or sampler platter and some more sides. Overall, it is expensive, but worth it. The only other comparable places are a 20-minute or so drive out into the countryside. Which is also nice, but doesn't always work out timewise.

The dining room is large and airy. Some outdoor seating (I think). 4-5 TVs playing sports when I was there and Gratefull Dead XM station on the radio.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Beezlebubba

Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent BBQ and Very Loud Music/Radio”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

BBQ is excellent. Portion size is generous on sandwiches. Side dishes are very good. Relatively pricey BBQ for the area. Staff is young and numerous. Lack of adult supervision is evident. Music volume is excessive, so much so that a normal conversation across the table is difficult. When I left the restaurant, my ears hurt.

• Visited August 2012
Huntsville, Alabama
“This is not the same reheated dried-up stuff you get everywhere else.”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

As a barbecuer myself it’s hard for me to enjoy going out for barbecue. Moe’s is the one place around here I can recommend for barbecue. No, it’s not as good as mine, no one’s is, but it will give you nothing to complain about either. It’s small but when not too crowded is a very family friendly atmosphere. I love the big TVs all around during football season. I haven't tried the outdoor area yet but I will.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank BamaBarcoder
“Unimpressed”
Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

Read the reviews on Moe's and was all geared for some great BBQ but was a bit disappointed after actually going there. I had the large order of ribs with slaw and potatoe salad for $13.00. The portion was good and the ribs while very tender did not have a good smokey pit cooked flavor. The were more reminesant of boiled then oven finished ribs with lots of sauce hiding the flavor of the meat. The meal was okay but I don't know that I would go back. I suppose I am spoiled on Kansas City BBQ. Anyway since I have not been to other BBQ places in Huntsville, this may indeed be the best this area has to offer. As for the sides, the slaw was unique. It tasted like it was marinated in bread and butter pickle juice. The cornbread was good and the potatoe salad was avg. lastly if paying by credit or debit card don't be too quick to add a tip, there is no floor service, you pick up your food from the counter and when done clean your own table as well as get your own drinks and refills.

2 Thank FedTraveler32
Conroe
“Excellent~”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pulled Chicken plate! Ask for extra sauce though, it's worth the effort.

Visited June 2012