“Portion / Price ratio is poor”
Review of Mezza Luna

Mezza Luna
Ranked #348 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mezza Luna is the perfect blend of Mediterranean/ Italian cuisine with a Southern influence. Enjoy our upscale ambiance, outstanding cuisine, and great prices.
Salem, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Portion / Price ratio is poor”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

This is definitely NOT a "working mans" restaurant. When we walked through the door, we were not greeted very warmly. The girl that brought us water and bread was either a mute, was in a very bad mood or didn't speak any English; not even a simple "hello", "how are you", "your server will be right with you" .... NOTHING, not a word! When the waiter came by, he was ok. Nothing to brag about. When he brought my chicken marsala (which is USUALLY served with pasta), I asked him "what is this" and pointed to my plate. He said (in a "matter of a fact tone") "it's polenta" ..... like I was stupid for not knowing. (Polenta is a cross between mash potatoes ans grits). It was less than appetizing. The bread was mediocre at best. The girl came back to fill my husbands glass and even though my glass was half full, glanced at it and kept going. The chicken marsala was outstanding, though not very much of a serving, especially since I didn't eat the polenta. My husband ordered the lasagna. He said Macaroni Grill's is better and the portion size of it was also very small and didn't come with salad or any other option; just the lasagna. It was $15.00 and my marsala was $20.00! This was the first time I have ever ate at Mezza Luna but I will not be back. Though the marsala was great, the portion / price ratio just didn't cut it for me. I don't mind paying for a great meal, but I don't like leaving still hungry.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank yates88rcn

Madison, Alabama
“Now that's Italian!!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I took a close friend out to dinner for a special celebration! We wanted Italian and although we lived 30 mins away decided to try Mezza Luna! I called in a reservation (for a Sat night) and the person answering was very helpful and even asked us if it was our first time eating at the restaurant! He made a point of telling me about the different dishes (on the phone) which even peaked our interest more. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us and said I see "it's your first time" dining with us! We walked right in and were taken to a great table which was near the window and had full view of the restaurant. For the appetizer we tried the eggplant Parmesian which was awesome! We had really good dinner salads and split our main course of spaghetti. The spaghetti Bolognese was phenomonial!!! It's made with red wine and has an incredible meat sauce w beef and pork. The serving sizes are very generous. I recommend this restaurant if you love authentic Italian! Don't be fooled by the strip mall location....we will definitely go back for more spaghetti Bolognese!

• Visited November 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“This Is My Favorite Restaurant!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love...love...love ... Mezza Luna! The atmosphere is great and the food is even better! They always have wonderful fresh seafood! I have never had a bad meal there. Mark is by far my favorite waiter! He knows every aspect of the menu and makes sure that your dining experience is wonderful! They also have a great wine selection! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2013
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Great Local Restaurant!”
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very good Italian! Called for reservation given it was Saturday night at 6:00 pm ... Told party of 4 we could walk in and have approx 45 min wait or we could have 8:45 reservation ... We opted for reservation at 8:45 but decided we'd head in earlier and wait at bar and use reservation as back up!

We arrived at approximately 7:15/7:20 and multiple tables open and we were seated immediately! Wine selections very good .. Diverse selections and pricing!

Meals:
I had small eggplant parmesan and half arugula salad >>> excellent!!! Sizes very generous!
DH had lasagna and half ceasar salad >> he said excellent
Step daughter had chicken Marsala >> she said excellent
Her BF had pizza but I can't recall which but he also said excellent

Service was very good! Would return!!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Peggy S
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Restaurant”
Reviewed October 17, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent food and wine selection. Relaxed atmosphere is perfect for a date night. Every Thursday is 1/2 off wine as well!

Visited October 2013