“Now that's Italian!!!”

Mezza Luna
Ranked #420 of 620 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mezza Luna is the perfect blend of Mediterranean/ Italian cuisine with a Southern influence. Enjoy our upscale ambiance, outstanding cuisine, and great prices.
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I took a close friend out to dinner for a special celebration! We wanted Italian and although we lived 30 mins away decided to try Mezza Luna! I called in a reservation (for a Sat night) and the person answering was very helpful and even asked us if it was our first time eating at the restaurant! He made a point of telling me about the different dishes (on the phone) which even peaked our interest more. When we arrived, the hostess greeted us and said I see "it's your first time" dining with us! We walked right in and were taken to a great table which was near the window and had full view of the restaurant. For the appetizer we tried the eggplant Parmesian which was awesome! We had really good dinner salads and split our main course of spaghetti. The spaghetti Bolognese was phenomonial!!! It's made with red wine and has an incredible meat sauce w beef and pork. The serving sizes are very generous. I recommend this restaurant if you love authentic Italian! Don't be fooled by the strip mall location....we will definitely go back for more spaghetti Bolognese!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

I love...love...love ... Mezza Luna! The atmosphere is great and the food is even better! They always have wonderful fresh seafood! I have never had a bad meal there. Mark is by far my favorite waiter! He knows every aspect of the menu and makes sure that your dining experience is wonderful! They also have a great wine selection! You won't be disappointed!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Very good Italian! Called for reservation given it was Saturday night at 6:00 pm ... Told party of 4 we could walk in and have approx 45 min wait or we could have 8:45 reservation ... We opted for reservation at 8:45 but decided we'd head in earlier and wait at bar and use reservation as back up!

We arrived at approximately 7:15/7:20 and multiple tables open and we were seated immediately! Wine selections very good .. Diverse selections and pricing!

Meals:
I had small eggplant parmesan and half arugula salad >>> excellent!!! Sizes very generous!
DH had lasagna and half ceasar salad >> he said excellent
Step daughter had chicken Marsala >> she said excellent
Her BF had pizza but I can't recall which but he also said excellent

Service was very good! Would return!!

1  Thank Peggy S
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Excellent food and wine selection. Relaxed atmosphere is perfect for a date night. Every Thursday is 1/2 off wine as well!

1  Thank Bryan C
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upscale and relaxed atmosphere overall. As soon as we walked in the manager sensed we were there for a relaxing sunday brunch and offered a table outside in a quiet corner. For Sunday brunch we decided to go with the buffet. One end was the more common fare of waffles, chicken tenders etc. The other end was the more select with grouper, ribeye, chicken and accompanying vegetables. The rIbeye was great and the grouper not only tasted great but was done nicely. We washed it all down with some great bloody Mary's. overall we had a very pleasant brunch in a very relaxing atmosphere! Well done.

1  Thank Deoppliber