“Easter Brunch OK”

Mezza Luna
Ranked #430 of 627 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Mezza Luna is the perfect blend of Mediterranean/ Italian cuisine with a Southern influence. Enjoy our upscale ambiance, outstanding cuisine, and great prices.
Reviewed April 13, 2012

First time trying Mezza Luna for brunch and thinking it would be special, we were disappointed. I hesitate to be critical for brunch and a good restaurant review. I am giving the benefit to the management of trying to offer a brunch at a price point that would meet our satisfaction with food, and they could make a profit, but the offering was disappointing.
$17 for the brunch plus an item from the menu for an additional $5 was good. I know from others that brunch there is normally good, so maybe we were expecting too much for an Easter brunch.
We will try again to see if it was typical, after all they are not a large hotel and are in a neighborhood location and the food is definitely fresh and well made. We still recommend the restaurant. One big criticism we have is the front desk ladies attitude when you walk in and ask for a table whether you have a reservation or not - a smile and a kind delivery makes all the difference in your first impression of a restaurant. I hope the management shows this to them and they gain a better understanding of how to deliver without offending a customer right at the beginning of the visit. A nice voice print out when you have disappointing news is something all greeters and hostesses need to learn. Otherwise a turnoff at the front door can lose new neighborhood customers or repeat customers fast.

1  Thank Rosie657

Reviewed April 13, 2012

Very good dinner for the money. I wouldn't go here regularly, but for special occasions it's a great option.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The food is good but overpriced for what you get. The bar service was good. They have interesting experimental cocktails. Mine did not work for me, but perhaps other folks will have better luck.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

I had the black grouper (in season Jan. Feb) special which was awesome. My husband enjoyed the Bolognese which I concurred was as delicious as any we have ever tasted.
The service for a Friday night at 6:00-7:00 was very good. It appeared there was some teamwork among the servers. Was this due to management being on top of the serving staff or servers wanting to work together for all, is still to be determined. But, this is the way to a better experience for the diners, a win win for all. More restaurants should value this approach to customers. We will definitely go back again and again if it proves to be consistent in value and freshness. We dine out every weekend, thus feel we are good raters of quality food and service. I wondered as we left if the restaurant had a new manager since two years ago when we ate here we said we would never go back until a few of our friends insisted we try it again. We are so glad we did since it is close to our home.

2  Thank Rosie657
Reviewed February 19, 2012

Our favorite restaurant in Huntsville. They do a fantastic job with fresh fish - pricey but excellent. Also great martinis. Kudos to Jason.

1  Thank LuckyDawg09