“Okay”

Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Alabama
“Okay”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

*felt like a cheap hotel--I guess it is though
*newer modern there are no bathtubs only showers in the rooms (at least in my room so I assume that is how it is for the others)
*treadmill was AWFUL frustrating when you don't want to run outside in the hot al weather. There was an elliptical machine that wasn't great either.
*location is in the town so not close to interstate but it was fairly close and easy to get to the space museum/camp. Hotel was just okay for me, nothing great but the price sold me. Beds are good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank brynn1981

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wytheville, Virginia, United States
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites for three nites. Our stay was wonderful. Rooms were clean and big enough for my 22 month old grandson to play in. Breakfast area was kept clean and well stocked. Patrick was very friendly and always acknowledged us as we were passing on our way in or out. Will def stay there again on our next trip down.

Room Tip: If you have kids, either 1st floor or rooms above breakfast area.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Diane W
Chattanooga TN
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is the hotel to stay in. Super Clean and Modern building and rooms. Flat Screen tv with a great selection of channels, refrigerator and microwave in room. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly.

I would also like to mention that I noticed the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn near this hotel (which were double the price we paid for the Sleep Inn) are obviously older buildings. This Sleep Inn looked brand new, and is kept up very well.

The only negative I can think of is the small pillows. And they were fine.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank TN-610
Athens, Alabama
Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is VERY CLEAN! The staff is amazing from the time you walk in the door until you leave. They make sure you have what you need, and that you are well taken care of. They know the true definition of customer service and how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: Any room would be great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mom is staying there right now. The place is beautiful! Give you a feeling of being treated like royalty. The staff including the front desk manager, Patrick was nice, friendly and very helpful. All I can say is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A recent trip at the Sleep Inn & Suites proved to be the best choice for my family. Clean rooms, great breakfast, and customer service was outstanding. Patrick and the rest of the staff were wonderful during our stay. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was a little surprised to see how highly the hotel was rated on Trip Advisor. But I suppose maybe people are rating it based on what it is (a budget-friendly accommodation), rather than all hotel classifications. I personally wanted to stay at the Westin but 1) it was booked and 2) my very frugal husband made the reservation as I was simply accompanying him on a business trip.

The room was clean, the bathroom had some signs of wear and tear. The bed was very comfortable and the curtains completely blocked out the light, which was great. However, I could hear people moving around both upstairs above us, and directly next to us at various points during the night. Never heard noise from upstairs in a hotel before so that was odd.

The complimentary continental breakfast appeared to be standard. I didn't have any of the hot food, but did take a couple of yogurts to put in the in-room fridge for snacks. Someone mentioned that the coffee was terrible. Again, it's the Sleep Inn, not Starbucks. The coffee was very strong, but comparable to what you'd find in a budget-friendly hotel, and I found it to be fine.

Another reason I had hoped to stay at the Westin is because there are a gazillion things to do in walking distance (restaurants, shopping). But the Sleep Inn is directly across from a Pier One Imports (one of my faves), and next to Chick Fil A and Hooters if you want something to eat and don't want to drive (or your husband has the car).

Lastly, the wi-fi was reliable, which is more than I can say actually for the last 4-Star hotel that I stayed in. And the front desk staff members are very friendly and helpful.

I gave the hotel a 3 because it's not really a 4. But I'd probably give it a 3.5 or 3.7 if Trip Advisor gave more rating options.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business