“The place to stay in Huntsville”

Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed June 9, 2013

This is the hotel to stay in. Super Clean and Modern building and rooms. Flat Screen tv with a great selection of channels, refrigerator and microwave in room. Beds were comfortable. Staff was friendly.

I would also like to mention that I noticed the Holiday Inn Express and Hampton Inn near this hotel (which were double the price we paid for the Sleep Inn) are obviously older buildings. This Sleep Inn looked brand new, and is kept up very well.

The only negative I can think of is the small pillows. And they were fine.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank TN-610
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville

Reviewed June 8, 2013

This hotel is VERY CLEAN! The staff is amazing from the time you walk in the door until you leave. They make sure you have what you need, and that you are well taken care of. They know the true definition of customer service and how to run a hotel.

Room Tip: Any room would be great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 4, 2013

My mom is staying there right now. The place is beautiful! Give you a feeling of being treated like royalty. The staff including the front desk manager, Patrick was nice, friendly and very helpful. All I can say is awesome, awesome, awesome!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 4, 2013

A recent trip at the Sleep Inn & Suites proved to be the best choice for my family. Clean rooms, great breakfast, and customer service was outstanding. Patrick and the rest of the staff were wonderful during our stay. I recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I was a little surprised to see how highly the hotel was rated on Trip Advisor. But I suppose maybe people are rating it based on what it is (a budget-friendly accommodation), rather than all hotel classifications. I personally wanted to stay at the Westin but 1) it was booked and 2) my very frugal husband made the reservation as I was simply accompanying him on a business trip.

The room was clean, the bathroom had some signs of wear and tear. The bed was very comfortable and the curtains completely blocked out the light, which was great. However, I could hear people moving around both upstairs above us, and directly next to us at various points during the night. Never heard noise from upstairs in a hotel before so that was odd.

The complimentary continental breakfast appeared to be standard. I didn't have any of the hot food, but did take a couple of yogurts to put in the in-room fridge for snacks. Someone mentioned that the coffee was terrible. Again, it's the Sleep Inn, not Starbucks. The coffee was very strong, but comparable to what you'd find in a budget-friendly hotel, and I found it to be fine.

Another reason I had hoped to stay at the Westin is because there are a gazillion things to do in walking distance (restaurants, shopping). But the Sleep Inn is directly across from a Pier One Imports (one of my faves), and next to Chick Fil A and Hooters if you want something to eat and don't want to drive (or your husband has the car).

Lastly, the wi-fi was reliable, which is more than I can say actually for the last 4-Star hotel that I stayed in. And the front desk staff members are very friendly and helpful.

I gave the hotel a 3 because it's not really a 4. But I'd probably give it a 3.5 or 3.7 if Trip Advisor gave more rating options.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank SouthernGal11
Reviewed May 25, 2013

The rooms were very clean. Breakfast was good. The coffee in the breakfast area was nasty. Not impressed with the customer service. The lady tending to the breakfast area went around to all the tables offering to throw away their dirty plates and chit chatted with them. She looked at us, stuck up her nose and never asked if we needed anything. Guy at check in was nice enough, but not overly friendly.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank Justpassingthrough4
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Traveled with students to the Space Center in Huntsville and the Marriot on the property was out of the school's price range. I booked a reservation at the Sleep Inn for 5 nights expecting an average motel, but this Sleep Inn is clean and comfortable, and conveniently located near the Space Center. Patrick at the front desk knows what customer service is all about. The suite had a great king size bed with plenty of square pillows, spacious lounge area, granite sink, and a nice walk in shower (I liked this so much more than a tub!), as well as a frig and microwave. The free wifi and hot breakfast was an added treat. I didn't think Sleep Inns were this nice, but I certainly will consider these hotels during future travel, and definitely would stay here if I came to Huntsville again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business