“Great, clean spacious room close to the space & rocket center.”

Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
bluegrass state
“Great, clean spacious room close to the space & rocket center.”
Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights here. The rooms were very clean and were well supplied . The couch in the room was comfy to sit on. Updated decor.
The breakfast was satisfying. Not much for the gluten free person. Biscuits & gravy, waffles, cereal , grits, fruit, pastries , eggs, bagels, toast. I did eat the yogurt, banana and grits.
Staff was very nice & helpful.
Only bad I found was no indoor pool.
Would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
St. Louis
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Clean, comfortable, quiet, and great service. The room was nice and the breakfast was adequate. I thought I made a reservation on line but I guess didn't hit the confirm button. The desk clerk suggested I make the reservation again so I could get the internet rate. That is excellent customer service!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
West Friendship, Maryland
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Pros:
- Staff was excellent.
- Room was clean.
- Quiet
- Continental style breakfast was better than expected.
- On site gym was 3 cardio machines but off-site gym access (Powerhouse) made up for it.
- Room had fridge and microwave.

Cons:
- Open concept shower made for a cold/breezy shower experience.
- Small pillows.
- Wireless internet required frequent logins.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed three nights. The room was average. beds were so so. Had expected better beds from all the reviews. Was disappointed in beds from glowing reviews on how comfortable they were. Patrick was great. Room was clean as was bathroom. We did not have cleaned while we were there, our choice. It was good location for eating and close to our sons house. We had no trouble finding. Like couple of others not sure why this is number one on tripadviser, as it is just average. Other than being disappointed based on other reviews this stay was good, We would go back.

Room Tip: Rooms are clean but nothing special.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sharon B
Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed January 9, 2013

The location couldn't have been better. Patrick was very friendly and full of information. I was there for a month and the room was picked up/straightened daily but the sheets were changed once a week and the shower was cleaned once a week. When I asked the cleaning staff, she said they are supposed to change the sheets daily "if needed". She proceeded to ask me if a needed the sheets changed. I ended up buying and cleaning the bathroom myself. Also, there is an issue with bugs. I woke up to a bug crawling up my arm. I notified the staff and was informed that they spray every Tuesday and the bug I described is very common in AL. Overall, if you need a room for a night, this location is great but stay elsewhere if you have a need for extended stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank swilli3054
KalpsPatel, Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
I am concerned with the problem you experienced with our hotel. We accommodate many guests each evening and the principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all our guest. Consequently, it is disappointing to learn that you were unhappy. It is our hotels policy to provide FULL housekeeping services to our guests during their entire stay. Please accept my sincere apology and know that your concerns have been addressed.
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was hard to find because another hotel's sign is located in front of the Sleep Inn. Room was nice size and clean and had sofa, nice tv, refrigerator and microwave. Bed was comfortable . Bathroom only had a shower! The hall was nasty. It looked like the clean staff had cleaned the rooms and swept the dirt and trash into the hall. The breakfast looked great at first glance. The eggs were terrible and the waffles did not cook sufficiently. Overall I guess the hotel was ok but I expected more. Front desk staff were friendly.

• Stayed December 2012
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

So read all the reviews and took the plunge. Room was great. Amenities were good. Fitness room was nice and clean. Great place. Saw all the reviews talking about Patrick. When we signed in he even recognized us from our phone booking. When we got in he asked us about our dinner. He placed us in a comfortable room away from other guests. He may be the nicest person I've ever dealt with in hospitality and he seemed bet genuine. Great experience. Thanks Patrick.

• Stayed December 2012