“Great Hotel”

Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Bradford, United Kingdom
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We had a really nice stay here. Only for one night but we found the front desk staff to be very helpful and full of good advice on where to go in the evening - resulted in us having the best pizza and cheesecake we've ever eaten!

The rooms were great, nice and big and the bathroom was really nice, love the unique way they've done the showers. Complimentary breakfast was good too!

All in all we had a really nice stay and would love to return here!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 9, 2012

The staff are great. They make it apparent that they honestly DO care about making your stay enjoyable. They are all personable and are more than happy to give advice or directions to people from out of town. The amenities are also good. The hot breakfast has something new every day, plus cereal and other similar things daily. There is free wi-fi in every room, and a computer/printer in the lobby. The rooms have big flat screen TV's and King sized beds. The bathrooms are spacious and have really cool showers. Overall, wonderful experience. Will come back again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Tupelo, Mississippi
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have stayed here several times and won't entertain a stay at any other hotel in Huntsville. Very nice, clean, the staff is fantastic, and it has a very good hot breakfast. It is located near several good restaurants and it is quiet. Never have I had any problems at this hotel.

Anderson, South Carolina
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We had a very nice room (king bed, with refrigerator and microwave) - everything was updated and worked well. Breakfast is included and is pretty decent. They keep the coffee on all day, so it's convenient for those of us who drink coffee throughout the day. And the staff - particularly Patrick - was very pleasant and helpful. Patrick told us about the Bridge Street Town Center, which is a great place to visit. The Monaco Theater is incredibly large and even has a lovely bar in it. The only negative was the overpowering smell of whatever is used to clean the rugs. They may want to try something less aromatic.
The location of this Sleep Inn was very convenient to everything we wanted to visit, and we were overall very pleased with our stay here.

Room Tip: Room 205 was away from the elevator/nice and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Helena, AL
Reviewed September 19, 2012

This is a really good place to stay especially if you are traveling for business. The pricing is good and the included breakfast helps the bottom line, too. The staff here really sets this place apart. I travel to Huntsville every month. On my profile, I have a standing request for my room to be away from the elevator and away from the vending machines. They always fullfil this request without me having to ask. It really is an exceptional place to stay if you are looking for a comfortable room at a good price with no hassels.

Room Tip: Request away from elevator and vending machines for the quietest rooms.
1 Thank 384bobs
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As someone who uses TripAdvisor extensively when I travel, I have high expectations of the top-rated hotel or restaurant in any city. I was surprised to see a Sleep Inn rated so high, but I've learned over the years to trust the rankings. This particular trip, I was highly disappointed.

First, let me be clear that this hotel isn't bad. My room was clean. The service was fine. The wireless Internet is free. I slept okay. The breakfast spread was a normal hotel breakfast spread - bagels, pastries, waffle-maker, eggs, bacon, and biscuits. All-in-all, everything was at least average.

But that's all it was. There was nothing that stood out or made this hotel "special." When I travel, I hope to sleep in a bed more comfortable/luxurious than my bed at home. This one certainly was not. Even simple things, liking having Splenda available for the coffee were overlooked. There also wasn't any coffee or water available throughout the day, which several other chains offer.

My biggest complaint is the fitness center, or lack thereof. It's listed as an amenity, but should hardly be considered one. There were only three exercise machines: a treadmill, a stationary bike, and an elliptical machine. No weights of any kind! I started on the treadmill but it was broken. I then moved to the elliptical machine, but it was broken as well. At this point, I was frustrated and didn't try the bike.

So that this doesn't seem all negative, I will say that I appreciated the value this hotel offered. Compared to other hotels in the area, it was significantly cheaper. But if I ever travel through Huntsville again, I'll look somewhere else.

1 Thank Manny333
Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Two night stay Labor Day weekend. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. My wife and I stayed with two small grandchildren and we were all happy. The kids really enjoyed the waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family