“Hard to believe this is the best Huntsville has to offer...”

Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As someone who uses TripAdvisor extensively when I travel, I have high expectations of the top-rated hotel or restaurant in any city. I was surprised to see a Sleep Inn rated so high, but I've learned over the years to trust the rankings. This particular trip, I was highly disappointed.

First, let me be clear that this hotel isn't bad. My room was clean. The service was fine. The wireless Internet is free. I slept okay. The breakfast spread was a normal hotel breakfast spread - bagels, pastries, waffle-maker, eggs, bacon, and biscuits. All-in-all, everything was at least average.

But that's all it was. There was nothing that stood out or made this hotel "special." When I travel, I hope to sleep in a bed more comfortable/luxurious than my bed at home. This one certainly was not. Even simple things, liking having Splenda available for the coffee were overlooked. There also wasn't any coffee or water available throughout the day, which several other chains offer.

My biggest complaint is the fitness center, or lack thereof. It's listed as an amenity, but should hardly be considered one. There were only three exercise machines: a treadmill, a stationary bike, and an elliptical machine. No weights of any kind! I started on the treadmill but it was broken. I then moved to the elliptical machine, but it was broken as well. At this point, I was frustrated and didn't try the bike.

So that this doesn't seem all negative, I will say that I appreciated the value this hotel offered. Compared to other hotels in the area, it was significantly cheaper. But if I ever travel through Huntsville again, I'll look somewhere else.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Manny333

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Two night stay Labor Day weekend. Room was comfortable and clean. Staff was very welcoming and friendly. My wife and I stayed with two small grandchildren and we were all happy. The kids really enjoyed the waffles for breakfast.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank NC27012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We originally planned to stay just one night, but returned there (instead of traveling further as planned) since it was so comfortable and convenient. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. Patrick at the front desk was very helpful. He remembered our names as soon as we walked in the second night. Very personable!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My stay at sleep inn and suits Huntsville was a good stay nice clean rooms nice friendly staff great city we love Huntsville especially downtown. This hotel was great nothing flashy but its better than most. We will probably be back.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Friendliest hotel staff you will ever find. Mike checked us in and we were impressed with his hospitality and warmth. Room was clean and comfortable. There was a bit of moldy odor in the room and the refrigerator was turned off and open when we arrived. Breakfast was barely ok, but area was clean. I went down to breakfast at 8:40 and the empty real scrambled eggs were being replaced with microwaved "scrambled egg rounds" because "it was almost time to close" (which would have been at 9:00). The kitchen staff person was very sweet about it though. It's ok because we didn't stay here for their breakfast, anyway.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stayed at this hotel twice in one week. I first came July 21st with 7 kids ages 10 to 18 (I was dropping them off at Space Camp the next day). Our rooms were quiet, clean and very nice. Patrick was there both evenings I checked in and was very helpful and even remembered who I was when I returned on the 26th. I enjoyed this last night of "peace and quiet" before picking them all up the next day. I would recommend this hotel highly.

The last morning I reported to the person at the front desk that the treadmill in the exercise room was not working properly and suggested they put a sign on it. I later talked to someone staying for several weeks and he said he had reported it weeks before but nothing had been done. Hopefully they haven taken care of it by now.

Thanks Patrick - you're great.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Very lovely hotel love staying there and I will be return again very friendly staff highly recommend. I would let anyone that I know if you are visiting Huntsville and need to stay at a hotel they would love the Sleep Inn & Suites there.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business