“Hospitality a PLUS”

Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I run a group home, 305 8th Street and had to displace 16 mentally challenged residents for a 3 week period while the home was being renovated. When I visited the hotel, they were open to the idea and jumped at the opportunity to serve us.

The management and staff went above and beyond to make our family of 305 8th Street feel welcome. They assisted them with their breakfast in the morning. They connected with their guests and shared our story. They made an award for Kellie for her reading. They instructed them on use of the computer in the commons area. They liked us so much, one decided to help write a grant.

They understand hospitality at its best. It is a difficult transition for us and they made it worthwhile and enjoyable!

Room Tip: They offer an extremely delicious continental breakfast: waffles, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, etc. Th...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank andiwilliams
There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Huntsville

Reviewed February 20, 2012

Checked out the ratings on trip advisor prior to booking a hotel for my business trip to Huntsville, AL. I must say that the hotel lived up to its billing. My husband and I were traveling with our 3 month old son and we wanted to be sure to find a hotel that was as clean as could be expected. Well, Patrick and crew there at the Sleep Inn keep a very clean hotel and were very professional. Its located on University Blvd where there are numerous eateries and a Super Walmart is a mile down the road. We enjoyed our stay and appreciate the reviews we were able to read prior to booking. Oh, one last thing, I do think the continental breakfast could be upgraded but other than that it lived up to my expectation.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor on the north side of the building. We had a suite which was ideal for o...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Texarkana_Home
Reviewed February 12, 2012

Several of our family were recently in Huntsville to arrange and attend the funeral of my Mother-in-Law, Isabelle Young.
We had adjoining rooms at the Sleep Inn & Suites on University Drive.

I must single out Greg, Kristy, Mike, Patrick and Christina for a much deserved and well earned salute and a resounding “Thank You” for their caring attention, concern and support while we were there.
From the bouquet of flowers which they gave us to the daily exchanges, attention, and solicitation into our well being, our stay was made pleasant and memorable.
Their daily performance was well above and beyond the requirements of their duty.
They are to be recognized and lauded for their performance and the care which they provided us.

I cannot emphasize enough what their care meant to us during this difficult period.

They epitomize “Southern Hospitality” and as a born-and-bred Huntsvillian I feel I am qualified to acknowledge this.

You may be sure that we will frequently proclaim our satisfaction with Sleep- Inn. Our recommendations will be unwavering and constant.

A job exceptionally done.

James L. & Anna Belle Wilburn
Theresa Warner
Robert and Ann Koser
Rev. Scott Koser

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2012

This hotel is almost two years old and still looks & smells new. This says something about the staff and is an argument for 100% smoke-free hotels which this one is. In fact I think it's the only Sleep Inn I have stayed at which is 100% smoke-free. Paul (I think) who workedthe front desk was great. He was efficient, knowledgeable & personable. He alsomentioned that he had been with the hotel since it had opened.

The room was spotless and spacious and still smelled like it was brand new. The workout room like new as well with all equipment in working order. The breakfast area was clean & well stocked. There are numerous restaurants nearby and Hooters is right next door as a bonus.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank GRofVA
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights the 1st weeks of January. I was very impressed with the look, of the hotel. The staff at this hotel is by far the best i've ever experienced, Greg actually took time to talk to myself and a friend that staying with me. He made us feel like family. His intellectual knowledge about the city is very impressive. Breakfast was amazing. Keep up the great work. I know why this hotel is #1!!.

Room Tip: Any in my opinion
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 12, 2011

Booked this hotel based on review as was not disappointed. Emphasis on clean and functional at a very good location. Really can't complain about anything apart from the internet dropping one night but apart from that really nice. Service was very good. From a design perspective would have liked to have the breakfast easting space not so open plan next to reception and the computers also to be away from front desk distractions but apart from that no complaints.

Room Tip: They get book early, suite not much to write home about.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 28, 2011

Room was called a "Suite" but was only a sofa added to a slightly larger single room. Extreme chemical smell in room.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business