“Great food - great atmosphere - great service”
Review of Cotton Row

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Madison Street
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

I have been here multiple times, and I have never been unsatisfied. When a client comes in town, I normally bring them to Cotton Row or Commerce Kitchen (same owner and steps from each other). Everyone is always pleased. We did the Mother’s Day brunch for the first time and it was nice. It was the first time I brought my son (9 years old), and he enjoyed the experience. The oysters are good (not the best I’ve ever had, but still good). Fried green tomatoes are amazing, and the lobster ravioli is a must. I’m not a fan of the asparagus salad, but my father enjoys it. The filet is so good (cooked medium), and the seven wonders salad will definitely clean you out :-).

Reviewed June 3, 2019 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Cotton Row for our anniversary. For an appetizer my wife chose the fried green tomatoes. The plate was skimpy on the Remoulade sauce. We requested more and the waiter promptly Eisner brought us some. For entrees we ordered scallops and halibut. My wife said her scallops were excellent and she could not finish everything. I had the halibut. I thought the crust was a bit tough but the fish was cooked properly. For desert we had the quartet of sorbet. Excellent. Overall the food is very good and the service is the best in Hunts.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 3, 2019

We were running late and staying at the Embassy Suites Hotel before a show at the Von Braun Center and googled a restaurant close to the venue.

When we walked in I was like "oh no, this doesn't look like it will be a quick meal".....the restaurant is very nice. The atmosphere excellent. And the servers and staff attentive and friendly.

I was nervous as a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs afraid that we couldn't make the 7:30 pm curtain at the Von Braun and had been warned we would not be able too get in after the show started.....and these were $150.00 apiece tickets.

So, after ordering our drinks, I spoke to the server and told him that we needed to be that the Von Braun at 7:30 (it was 6:40)....and he smiled and said...."don't worry".

So, we ordered the appetizer with the meal and the Fried Green Tomatoes came out quickly enough and were spectacular. Probably the best FGT I have ever had. The presentation was marvelous and again the service superb.

As the clock passed 7pm I was getting more and more nervous, but shortly after 7 our entrees did come out. Josh had the Salmon and I had the New York Strip, which was the special of the day. I can't attest personally for the Salmon, but the steak was awesome and the sauce on the steak was to die for. The presentation was fantastic and the service was awesome.

We did get our meal down by 7:15.....way too rushed for my taste....but, it was our fault for running late. I would have loved to spent more time savoring the food and atmosphere and trying a dessert.....but, there most definitely will be a next time.

I will make sure that when I am back in Huntsville, I make time to have a leisurely dining experience at this jewel of a restaurant on the City Square in downtown Huntsville.

The building once housed a bank and the exposed brick walls, linen covered tables, large windows and long, narrow shotgun style dining room and tasteful decor give this restaurant an abundance of charm.

And the food and table service was awesome.

Reviewed June 1, 2019 via mobile

Delicious food in an elegant environment.. the filet was cooked perfectly and the lobster mac&cheese was rich and a great side. The staff was friendly

Valet parking
Street parking
Close to the park/green space

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 21, 2019

You get what you pay for. This restaurant is very expensive, but you do feel the difference vs. other restaurants. If you're looking to celebrate a special event, or catch up with people you care about. This is the place to do it. The one suggestion I have is for the wait staff to be just as attentive to water drinkers as to alcohol drinkers. Otherwise, perfect!