“Ladies night!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Madison Street
Reviewed September 2, 2018

A friend of mine made reservations on a Thursday night for this restaurant. I had not dined here before but she had several times. We were promptly seated at our reservation time. The waiter was very friendly and helpful in suggesting choices from the menu. His advice was top notch, everything perfect from start to finish. This is definitely a special occasion, celebration, fine dining restaurant. I will be going back.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed August 20, 2018

I dined there on Saturday evening with some guests and it was just phenomenal. While we were dining, the power cut off and then we realized that it was the power all downtown and other places. When it happened, the staff remained calm and it was shocking to see that.
After a while, since the air was off it began to warm up, but a lady in a gray dress opened all of the doors. Without light it was hard to see and when I asked a server how guests were supposed to see the menu when it got really dark, she informed us that her manager has instructed staff to put candles on the table and within 2 seconds, I saw staff doing so. Amazing !
Food kept coming out and the lady in the gray dress came by the tables and not only apologized for the inconvenience, but said to the people that asked about if they needed to leave, that wasn't necessary because service would continue as usual.
I have seen a lot of things happen in restaurants, but with her presenting herself so calmly, it made the situation seem like a cake walk. Our food came out and it was like they didn't skip a beat ! It was delicious and the dining room was so bright from the candles that I could actually see my food. Kuddos to the chef and his staff too.
I am in awe of how professional the staff was and even their service was still immaculate and it shows from great management. I will definitely be sending a lot of my clients and friends to this place just based off of a great experience that should've gone south, but never did !
Thank you for a great night. I will be back. This is my favorite place now.

Reviewed August 19, 2018

I was in town by myself on business and sat at the bar for dinner. I had my heart set on a nice steak but the only one on the menu that night was a fillet. I don't care for fillet so asked the very friendly bartender if she would check with the chef to see if they had anything else. The chef prepared a nice NY strip. The food and service were both excellent and the atmosphere was very nice.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

Was In town for business looking for an after dinner cocktail. Closed a huge deal and wanted to celebrate big. A friend that lived in town recommended because they carried high end whiskey. Ordered a Pappy Van Winkle 23yr @185 per pour to celebrate the day, only to be told it was there but was “not being sold tonight” and was on reserve at management decision not to sell”. Well shame on you management , you had a paying customer, on a slow night with about 8 people total in the restaurant, and declined a sale to a business person with an unlimited budget to entertain clients and can chose anywhere in town. Not only did you cement yourself in small town thinking and profits, you also helped build Ruth’s Chris business about a half mile from you significantly this year, the reason you are a little restaurant with few customers is because of your horrid customer decisions , Ruth’s Chris I visited after leaving your pitiful empty restaurant, was packed and I experienced wonderful service and a proper after dinner brown water, and on a side note, your restaurant sister in BIRMINGHAM is horrible too, extremely quiet and boring , the VERANDA I believe is it’s name. Normally not this aggressive but if the shoe fits just remember my advisor name, STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRID CUSTOMER SERVICE, my friend in town was appalled and is telling everyone he knows.

1  Thank Youllknowimright
Reviewed August 5, 2018 via mobile

I expected so much more as did other members of my party. The food options were good and sounded great...,.but definitely were disappointing. Very average. Service was average. All in all, they have some work to do. Sorry, I really was hoping for better.