“Great Food and Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cotton Row is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 543 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, French
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Madison Street
California
“Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

First time in Huntsville and was invited to eat at Cotton Row as part of a Pharmaceutical Dinner. This is a very unique restaurant in downtown Huntsville. I love the private room setup upstairs. The upstairs use to be 2 separate apartments that got converted to private dining rooms. Ours was the kitchen/living room area. Very cozy and could easily accommodate 24+ people.
Service: A+. Everyone was very professional and helpful. There were at least 3 dedicated servers to our room. Loved how the drinks were kept in the fridge in the kitchen. Very quick service.
Food: There was a set menu but had a lot of choices. I started with the seafood chowder. It was very flavorful and had lots of meat and seafood. My main entree was the short ribs with parmesan grits and arugula salad.. The short rib was tender and was fork tender. But what made the dish was the parmesan grits and arugula. The contrast of creamy with the bite of arugula was delicious. Desert was creme brulee. You can't go wrong with it.
Ambience: Loved the cozy feel of the kitchen/living room setup. Great view overlooking the downtown. I have never really been in a restaurant set up like this before.

All in all, I thought this was a wonderful place to host a private dinner. If you had a smaller group, there were smaller rooms to choose from. The food was also very good. But what made the dinner great was the great service.

Visited February 2013

Huntsville, Al.
“Best dining experience in Huntsville”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner on our anniversary at Cotton Row recently and both of us agreed this was the best experience we have had in this state since we moved here over 25 years ago.
The service was fantastic from the complimentary valet parking to the wait staff and management.
Wonderful downtown location with a warm relaxing atmosphere.
We both had excellent seafood entres. I highly recommend the crispy Triggerfish if it's on the menu.
Awesome wine list and well stocked bar with many choices of high end Brands to choose from.
Dessert was complimentary for our anniversary, wonderful creme brûlée and fantastic dessert cheese with berries.

Tuscumbia, Alabama
“Excellent, top notch restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Small, cozy, excellent service and food. I had WILD Alaskan Salmon that was delicious, my wife had a New Zealand fish whose name I didn't catch, the waiter said it was similar to halibut. She loved it. The merlot by the glass also excellent.

Excellent service too, we will be returning.

• Visited January 2013
Alabama
“Great Service and Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Very comfortable Southern genteel atmosphere. The wine list was extensive and the prices reasonable. The menu offered something for all tastes and likes. I had the quail appetizer and the John Dory for my entree. The quail was very good but the fish was slightly overcooked. They were both beautifully plated and with wonderful accompaniments. Our waiter picked out a perfect Zinfandel which paired well with our dinner. I look forward to dinner here again or at one of the other sister establishments.

• Visited January 2013
Kabul, Afghanistan
“WAY overpriced!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

This restaurant is pretending to be a high-end New York style gourmet location. I saw nothing there that would compel me to return.

Visited March 2012