“Great experience”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: At the Melting Pot of Huntsville fondue is a fun and interactive dining experience - and for more than three decades, The Melting Pot has defined the niche across the American dining scene. At The Melting Pot, fondue truly becomes a memorable four-course dining experience where patrons can dip into something different - and discover all the ingredients for a unique dining experience including a relaxed atmosphere, private tables, attentive service, fine wines, and signature fondue dinners. The Melting Pot of Huntsville is on the second floor of Bridge Street's northeast corner - just past Brighton Collectibles. It has a patio that overlooks the Westin Huntsville's courtyard.We are open for dinner only from 5 to 10 p.M. Monday-Thursday, 4 to 11 p.M. On Friday-Saturday, and 4 to 9 p.M. On Sundays.
“Great experience”
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

Very nice and quiet restaurant. This was my first time going. We were a little confused with the menu but the waiter explained it well. We had the 4 course meal because we wanted to try everything. It was a little pricey but a neat place to eat. I would go back but not that often. Dessert was great.

Alabama
“Great Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

My husband booked a birthday package here to surprise me and it was a fun meal! I received a vase with three red roses in a vase and a photo of us with a frame as part of the birthday package. The classic fondue was delicious and we each had 3 choices of items to cook in the entrée stage. My husband did not like some of his but the filet, salmon and shrimp were very good! We shared a dark chocolate fondue for dessert and it was just the right amount after so much food and also very tasty!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Petunia66
Huntsville, Alabama
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“wonderful!”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

Have eaten there many times. Four course a little costly but you get a lot of food. Love the lovers lane seating for date night!!! A must! always FULL YOU NEED RESERVATIONS. I have been to many different melting pots but the lovers lane seating is my favorite.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Judy W
“Glad I went for a second time”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I first went to the melting pot back in like 2009. I really enjoyed the environment, I enjoyed the staff. Super friendly and nice. The place is very well done inside. The food wasn't that good the first trip but to be 100% honest most of that was my fault. I had no clue what I was doing and instead of asking for help I just tried to manage on my own. This review though is really for the last visit. I went for annivesary dinner. When I made my reservations I informed them it was for this and asked for a private table. They met my request and when we got there we had a card waiting on us. Very nice touch. We did the four course meal and this time I really enjoyed it. The person I was with (even though her first time) showed me how to do the cooking and use all the things brought to the table to cook with/in. The cheese is my 2nd favorite course of the meal. My favorite being the dessert at the end. The staff gave us plenty of time between foods and I think we stayed there 2 hours and never once felt like we were being rushed at all. The place isn't cheap but it's worth it to me once you consider everything. We have a daughter going off to the Air Force in July and we've always talked about this place to her, so in July we are going to surprise her with a dinner here, just the four of us in the family. Something we will always remember. Can't put a price a memories. We could go somewhere cheaper but we wouldn't remember it like we will at the Melting Pot in Huntsville.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank StingerSd
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Fun Experience, Location Not Great”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

We came here for dinner, but had never been there before. Unfortunately, it was raining, and there was no parking relatively close to the restaurant, so needless to say, we got soaked. It's located in an open shopping center, set up like a mall or galleria, but with no covered walking paths. So, if it is raining, you will definitely need an umbrella or you may want to go another night. Once we were there, however, the experience was very pleasant. The interior was beautifully decorated and the service was excellent. The owner, visited our table many times to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and the server was very knowledgeable about the menu. The two of us shared a 4-course meal, which was enough food for us because we ate all the vegetables. If you don't eat everything you're given, you'll probably want to order more, but that can get expensive. We had the cheddar cheese fondue and it was nice and mild, typically, Swiss cheese fondue is very strong, but with the cheddar, it was toned down a bit. We had a salad, which was good, but nothing special. The Land and Sea dinner had herb crusted chicken, shrimp, and filet mignon. All of the meats were of the highest quality and could be cut with a butter knife. There were dipping sauces too, but the only two worth mentioning were the teriaki and the curry. The dessert chocolate fondue was fantastic, I could have made that my whole dinner!

• Visited May 2014