“Very nice meal”

LongHorn Steakhouse-Huntsville
Ranked #202 of 619 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Not overly expensive. A very nice meal for what you pay. Good fresh salads

1  Thank Justin T

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Urbanspoon says 82% like it. With summertime temperatures around 100 degrees, I was determined to find a shaded parking spot. This place has trees around, and I actually parked in the lot next door to get under a big tree. We have eaten here dozens of times over the years, and have always found the meal to be above average. For lunch on a Tuesday, we were seated promptly, with no wait. It was air conditioned so well inside, that I at first wished I'd brought my jacket. (The wait staff were wearing long sleeves.) My wife and I shared a "1/2 Sirloin BLT Salad." The background music was country, and the volume was low. I'd ordered unsweet tea, but received ice water, which they didn't charge for. I tasted her lemonade, and thought it wasn't sweet enough, but she likes it tart like that. They brought us a small loaf of hot and fresh light brown bread, with a little cup of very nice white creamy chilled butter. The bread was above average, yet not as tasty as Old Heidelberg's. Our soup and salad came next. The soup was a seafood chowder with corn in it, and some small shrimp on top. It looked fancy, but too many good things at once confuse me. I like simple food. The chowder was a bit too spicy for me, also. The salad had wonderful sirloin bits on top. Also, bacon, which was nice but seemed unnecessary. The lettuce pieces in the salad were a bit too big to eat gracefully with just a fork. However, by selecting only one piece of lettuce at a time, and being a bit less than graceful, I avoided using my table knife which of course wasn't sharp anyway. I thought I might have to flag our waiter down to get our check, but he did eventually bring it a few minutes after clearing our dishes from the table. So, the place may not be perfect, but they are very good. I expect we'll eat here again in a few months. After all, the two of us ate a nice lunch in a nice cool place, for a total of $12.40.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Best Chain Steak House in Huntsville. The pork chops are ausome. Steaks are also good

1  Thank b b
Reviewed June 11, 2012

Two of us had the Cowboy Rib-Eye, prepared to a perfect medium rare. My wife's salmon was also excellent. The staff more than tended to our needs, the table visit by the on duty manager was nice. We made a return trip to here while on our stay in Huntsville.

1  Thank TheBuckeye
Reviewed April 5, 2012

very good atmosphere. I have never had a bad experience. food has always been very good.

1  Thank Eula B