“Close to Home -- Good shows”
Review of Von Braun Center

Von Braun Center
Ranked #9 of 76 things to do in Huntsville
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We went to the Longhorn Rodeo last weekend and the hockey game a few weeks before that. The Center has a good location. The only negative is that the parking is $5 and you get stuck in the parking garage for a long time!

1  Thank ageinert

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Saw Blue Man Group there, who are, of course, wonderful, but the concert facility contributed greatly. Wonderful acoustics, beautiful hall.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

We saw the Blue Man Group there last night, and it was the first time we have been in the theater since the renovation. It looks wonderful! Contemporary, classic, clean, fresh and dramatic. Plenty of restrooms, concessions, and easy to navigate. I would take anyone there and be proud of our "performing arts center," inside and out. The city did a great job and we are looking forward to seeing The Addams Family there soon!

Reviewed January 16, 2013

I love this place! I go here for most of their events, including the Huntsville Havoc games. They are so entertaining and fun, and you can bring the whole family! I was also surprised on how the new renovations have come along..they also seem to have a lot more choices for food!

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Very impressive and beautiful on the outside, the civic center has been an anchor venue in Huntsville for well over 30 years. Inside, it is still very plain and not very exciting, We attended a venue at the Playhouse in the civic center. Lighting for the stage was excellent, but the stage is quite dissapointing and the seats are very bad. Tiny as an airplane seat, they simply are not adequate for an evening of relaxation and entertainment. I really did not enjoy having people' behinds rub past me very neatr to my own body and face as they tried to squeeze to their seats down the aisle from me. There was barely enough room for my body in the seats and it was even worse for my husband. The population of Huntsville is exploding and I hope this venue will improve rapidly to keep pace with the influx of people expanding the Huntsville metro area.