“Public Safety Concern”

Cuisines: Chinese
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Public Safety Concern”
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I normally don't write reviews (I am a very busy man) but in this instance I feel obligated out of regard for public safety. I had eaten here once before when I first moved here and was not impressed. One male and a female staff got into a loud verbal argument. Pert near everything on the buffet was cold but I chalked it up to poor timing on my part. I figured I'd give this place another chance since last time, I did stop in for buffet food at 7pm and should have expected less than fresh. This time it was 11:45am so I figured it may be better (put out fresh for the lunch rush). I choose a couple fried chicken wings (I always prefer the second section over the drummets) and a few other items. I began with my chicken wings and the first one was pretty good actually. Picked up the second and took a bite and was immediately hit with the taste and slimy texture of rotten chicken and spit it out. Thought no way the first one was good but picked it up and smelled it and sure enough - rotten chicken stench. Forked into another item to try get the taste out of my mouth and that was cold - spit that out and rinsed my mouth with water. I got the attention of a waitress who took a sniff of the wing and was floored by the smell. I told her she needed to get the wings off the buffet before any other customer was exposed. (I was approaching them nonchalantly so as not to make a scene or alarm other guests) She went and got a male server off the floor that came over and took the plate to another man who I assume was a manager. They were gone a bit and came back with a lone wing on a clean plate that appeared to have had a bite out of it and presented it to me asking what it was I thought was wrong. They had actually went and got another wing and doctored it and tried to present it back to me as though it was the rotten wing from my plate that I had taken a bite of. The one they brought back had a good chunk of the 3rd section still on it and it was obviously not the same one I had taken a bite of. Instead of apologizing and looking for a way to make amends they were going to try pull a bait and switch and try convincing me there was nothing wrong with the wing I had presented as rotten. At that point I just got up and said sorry, I can't eat here and left. Got to my truck and immediately grabbed a travel size bottle of mouth wash from the console and rinsed and gargled. I'm afraid now I may get food poisoning. I do so hope they pulled the wings and replaced them with fresh ones so no one else is exposed but I didn't stick around to find out. I can understand a mistake in the kitchen (although the smell chicken gives off when it goes bad is pretty strong so this was a real serious oversight) but to try a bait and switch rather than accepting responsibility is unforgivable. Spare yourself the illness I most likely will have to go through for biting into that rotten wing, just don't eat there.

3 Thank moody5493