“Typical Hampton - Did have tub and shower”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Irvine, CA
“Typical Hampton - Did have tub and shower”
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I would have rated this Hampton 4 stars had the internet worked. I had a lot to do and the internet was down all evening. I was able to get up at 4AM and do my work. They did try hard to get it up and running, though. Nice people. Nice bed. Noisy heater. (It was very cold in AL this week) I guess that some rooms don't have tubs here, but mine did. I've always considered bathing in a hotel tub kinda iffy. Maybe if you have little kids....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lapsrus

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Alabama
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I checked in because the Hampton in Madison was full. New Hotel less than a year old. No Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!. Do not let them put you in the room next to the men's rest room on first floor. You can hear much more than you want to. They did and I was not happy and they moved me. The breakfast bar was out of many food items. The construction was cheap. The chairs in the room are not confortable. Beds were great.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mickey_slept_here
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This Hampton Inn is just over a year old and the common areas and rooms are very nicely done. The odd numbered rooms look out the back and have a nice countryside view. The free breakfast included hot items but almost all the choices were carbs. The breakfast area was designed so that there were several tables in a quieter area. The rooms had the usual features as well as a microwave and refrigerator and a shower with no tub. The free Internet is described as adequate for e-mail and casual web surfing which was fine for us but if you are into streaming video or downloading movies you may need to pay for a higher option.
Although it is reasonably convenient to golf and NASA’s space attractions, there is not much in the immediate vicinity of this hotel. Most of the nearby restaurant options are fast food. There is an Italian restaurant, Torero, down the road that several people recommended but it closed at 3PM on Sunday so we didn’t have a chance to eat there. There is a Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail course about 3 miles away and their clubhouse has a restaurant/bar with pub type food options but closes at sunset.
The Hampton Inn staff is very helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had the right directions because there was a detour and roadwork several miles away on the route we were taking. Be aware that it seemed that after about 5 pm there was only one person on the staff and they might be working away from the front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twofromNC
Oak Ridge, TN
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed in this hotel one night with my sister and her two children. We were in Huntsville for a wedding. The hotel was near the bride's home and even though the church was in another part of town, the drive was easy. I used to live in Huntsville and I know that it would not be a big deal to drive from this hotel to the Space & Rocket Center which is a common destination. The staff (front desk, breakfast room and housekeeping) were all very competent and friendly. I arrived at 10 am (hours before check-in) and was offered a temporary room to use until my suite was vacated and cleaned. I declined since I had other family that had arrived a day earlier in the hotel and could go visit with them in their rooms. I certainly did not expect to have a room prior to check-in and I thought this was an amazing effort to please. The hotel is about a year old and is very clean and comfortable. Our room was on the highway side of the hotel and we never heard any noise. There is a Walmart and a Publix nearby which is nice since the room has a microwave and a fridge. There are also several restaurants in the area yet the hotel does not feel cramped in a congested commercial area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Lab804
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Maybe it's a new trend -- no bathtubs. The hotel is new and in pristine condition; HOWEVER -- there was a faith-based organization there with about 200 screaming pre-teen/teen females. No respect for others as they screamed their way through "games" at 10 p.m. So respect for others is not part of their faith . . .hmmm. NEVER -EVER will I go where I, as quiet, respectful person goes to stay when visiting family. There should be a disclaimer when rude, adolescents are staying at a MOtel. And why don't their parents teach them manner instead of relying on someone else?

Ask this place before you book if 14 year-old rude children will be staying there. It was horrible. And the breakfast -- unless you are a 14 year-old -- you can't take it. Sugar overload. We went to Brueggers bagels.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank honeybee03
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed April 9, 2010

The staff was wonderful at the hotel. We thought the hotel had an indoor pool based on their website, so we were disappointed since we were traveling with our sons. When I notified the receptionist, she was very apologetic and gave us a free night. We appreciated this because we would not have booked the hotel had we known the pool was outdoor. I'm sure they changed their website since then. The room was comfortable. The wireless internet worked great. We had the complimentary breakfast everyday. The selection wasn't great (especially on the hot food), but it served it's purpose. The fitness room had three cardio machines, free weights and some weighted balls. It also had a TV, was well stocked with towels and had a water cooler. It was a bit small, so I was happy to be the only one in there in the mornings. Overall, it was a great stay. I would come again if it were in the summer so we could enjoy the outdoor pool.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank numbersgal
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed April 1, 2010

I had never been to Alabama before and was on a camping trip when I found out that it was supposed to storm that night. I was in Monte Santo State Park, right outside of Huntsville. They directed me to a hotel down the road. The customer service person who checked me in was AMAZING. Not only did she have to get me there when my GPS took me the wrong way, but she was extra nice and made my night so much better. The room was very nice and felt very clean. It had a great view of the mountains behind us and it was so much better then the other hotels I was able to find near the school and cheaper on top of it! I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and stay there again if I was ever to be in the Huntsville area again!

• Stayed March 2010