“Check your bank statements -”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Columbia, South Carolina
“Check your bank statements -”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

When my travel plans changed, I cancelled my reservation for this hotel. The reservations was cancelled 3 months in advance, but this past weekend, I was charged for one night of the stay I never made. Upon calling the hotel, I presented my cancellation confirmation number and the desk clerk apologized and said the charges would be removed from my card. Instead, the charges were not dropped and the second night's stay was charged to my card. The manager has not returned my call, so I guess I'll have to let my bank take care of the chargeback.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dennis D
Vickie T, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
We sincerely apologize for any miss-understanding. I am a new General Manager at this property as of 5 days ago, and make every effort to address issues. The reservation did not show that it was cancelled therefore it was billed as a no show. We did make immediate reimbursements to the customers account. It does take 72 hours before they show up on the bank account. We are truly sorry for the inconvenience and look forward to the customers returning to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed June 6, 2013

When I first started staying here, it was at the top. Hotel was in excellent condition, rooms were spotless and staff was friendly making me want to return time and time again. Recently in trouble with financial problem, huge over turn in staff and decline in service. The staff is trying to keep the hotel afloat but when I arrived the last time the hotel was in bankrupt and had lost staff and manager. I was there for a week and linen was never changed and room was never vacuumed. I am hoping they can turn it around because I've always enjoyed staying here in the past with the exception of the breakfast which just plain awful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank IsabellaKY63
Mount Airy, NC, United States
Reviewed June 1, 2013

I would have rated this hotel as excellent, were it not for the lack of handicap parking (4 spaces to accommodate several hundred guests). Accessible room was very spacious and clean with adequate amenities. Complimentary breakfast was very good, lacked variety of hot foods. Staff was very courteous and helpful, no major issues except for parking.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Dale W
Calhoun, Louisiana
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here to play golf at Hampton Cove. Was very convenient to the course (only about a 10 minute drive. My wife prefers bathtubs and our first room only had a shower. The clerk promptly moved us with no hassle at all but if you want a room with a bathtub you better specify it. Room was clean and bed was, as usual with a Hampton Inn, comfortable. Was full the night we stayed but was quiet. Only major complaint - what's up with the lack of cookies? That is one of the main reasons to stay at a Hampton and there were none there.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michael L
Rainbow City, United States
Reviewed May 20, 2013

The hotel was very nice, had great amenities and a very convenient location. It was on the property with shopping and restaurants and was righ off of the intererstate. I was there with a high school softball team and the girls really enjoyed it, primarily the location. I had a couple of issues that were not resolved but they were not significant enough to discourage anyone from staying at this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Michelle M
Cookeville, Tennessee
Reviewed May 12, 2013

A very good hotel for the money. With inside only access to the guest rooms, we felt safe at all times. There were options for the rooms at reasonable rates. A fairly new hotel, it is being well maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Alan T
Alabaster, United States
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have stayed many times at this facility and always experience great service and intention to detail. Convenient to Huntsville without all the congestion and noise. Additional restuarants and retail are planned for this area with enhancements to using this Hampton Inn

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business