“Great Hotel at a great price!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove
Ranked #19 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Louisville, Kentucky
“Great Hotel at a great price!”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Hampton Cove Alabama. We were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary with a round of golf at the Hampton Cove Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail. The hotel was 10 minutes from the course and was perfect! The breakfast was full and complete with meat, eggs, potato and the regular fare. Great hotel at a great price, under $100 for two!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
huntsville
Reviewed May 13, 2011

beds were not clean had hair all over the beds. also the bath room had hair in the sink and pee spots all over. hair in the shower. stains on the pillows and sheets. the smell was very nast. i will never go back if it was the last and only place to stay. i would not even stay for free or pay me to/.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank hawleybrandi
HamptonInnSuitesHC, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Huntsville Hampton Cove, responded to this review, May 23, 2011
I would like to take a moment to apologize for the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay at our hotel. We understand the high standard of cleanliness our guests expect when staying with us. I am very sorry those standards were not met during your stay. I can assure you we will address these issues with our housekeeping staff in an effort to prevent this from happening in the future. I certainly hope that you will reconsider and give us another opportunity to "WOW!" you should you visit the Huntsville area again. After all, we love having you here...
Lindsey Scott,
Director of Sales
Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2011

The rooms were very nice. Although I thought we had reserved a room with a king bed, it was okay that we were put in a room with two double (or maybe they were queen) beds. They had free internet, although at times it seemed a little slow. My husband liked the large desk area as he teaches an online course and he had a lot of work to do. It had room for him to spread out all his things. The beds were very comfortable.

The breakfast left a lot to be desired. Saturday morning, I arrived downstairs around 8:30 (later than normal). The whole time I was getting my plate, the young man that was taking care of the area kept constantly complaining about how busy it had been and was wondering if it was 10 yet so he could close the area. As I was getting a bisquit and gravy, he was complaining about how messy everyone had been and that is why there wasn't a spoon for the gravy. I asked if by chance they had any more yogurt and was told "no, they ate it all!" He also complained about someone leaving the fresh fruit lid open. I wanted to say to him, if they didn't have all these guests, he wouldn't have a job!

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. The gentleman that checked us in went beyond what most would do trying to find our rewards number for us. We will definitely stay here again. We didn't have time to check out the pool or fitness area, but I do know they had that available.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank retire2014
Irvine, CA
Reviewed December 9, 2010

I would have rated this Hampton 4 stars had the internet worked. I had a lot to do and the internet was down all evening. I was able to get up at 4AM and do my work. They did try hard to get it up and running, though. Nice people. Nice bed. Noisy heater. (It was very cold in AL this week) I guess that some rooms don't have tubs here, but mine did. I've always considered bathing in a hotel tub kinda iffy. Maybe if you have little kids....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank lapsrus
Alabama
Reviewed November 11, 2010

I checked in because the Hampton in Madison was full. New Hotel less than a year old. No Cookies!!!!!!!!!!!!. Do not let them put you in the room next to the men's rest room on first floor. You can hear much more than you want to. They did and I was not happy and they moved me. The breakfast bar was out of many food items. The construction was cheap. The chairs in the room are not confortable. Beds were great.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Mickey_slept_here
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 10, 2010

This Hampton Inn is just over a year old and the common areas and rooms are very nicely done. The odd numbered rooms look out the back and have a nice countryside view. The free breakfast included hot items but almost all the choices were carbs. The breakfast area was designed so that there were several tables in a quieter area. The rooms had the usual features as well as a microwave and refrigerator and a shower with no tub. The free Internet is described as adequate for e-mail and casual web surfing which was fine for us but if you are into streaming video or downloading movies you may need to pay for a higher option.
Although it is reasonably convenient to golf and NASA’s space attractions, there is not much in the immediate vicinity of this hotel. Most of the nearby restaurant options are fast food. There is an Italian restaurant, Torero, down the road that several people recommended but it closed at 3PM on Sunday so we didn’t have a chance to eat there. There is a Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail course about 3 miles away and their clubhouse has a restaurant/bar with pub type food options but closes at sunset.
The Hampton Inn staff is very helpful and went out of their way to make sure we had the right directions because there was a detour and roadwork several miles away on the route we were taking. Be aware that it seemed that after about 5 pm there was only one person on the staff and they might be working away from the front desk.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank twofromNC
Oak Ridge, TN
Reviewed June 20, 2010

I stayed in this hotel one night with my sister and her two children. We were in Huntsville for a wedding. The hotel was near the bride's home and even though the church was in another part of town, the drive was easy. I used to live in Huntsville and I know that it would not be a big deal to drive from this hotel to the Space & Rocket Center which is a common destination. The staff (front desk, breakfast room and housekeeping) were all very competent and friendly. I arrived at 10 am (hours before check-in) and was offered a temporary room to use until my suite was vacated and cleaned. I declined since I had other family that had arrived a day earlier in the hotel and could go visit with them in their rooms. I certainly did not expect to have a room prior to check-in and I thought this was an amazing effort to please. The hotel is about a year old and is very clean and comfortable. Our room was on the highway side of the hotel and we never heard any noise. There is a Walmart and a Publix nearby which is nice since the room has a microwave and a fridge. There are also several restaurants in the area yet the hotel does not feel cramped in a congested commercial area.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family