TripAdvisor
Huntsville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews room was clean staff was friendly research park front desk clerk easy access free breakfast gloria lq pets furnishings university
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You get what you pay for. Motel is old and run down. Rooms are just ok. had to go to front desk for coffee packets, tissues, TP. Beds were made but sheets looked dirty. Fine for a night if passing through. What saved this review is the staff. Very friendly and helpful.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2019

We stayed for 8 days. Staff was so helpful and friendly. Room was spacious and very clean. Had all the amenities we needed for a comfortable stay. The complementary breakfast was fresh and had all the items to start your day and was restocked constantly. Plenty of places to eat nearby and lots of things to do. Easy to get to from airport. Internet was excellent, could watch Netflix with no problem. A/C worked great in the 97 degree days, was very comfortable. Overall wonderful stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 15, 2019

Room was filthy. Horizontal surfaces had not been cleaned, and you did not want to touch them. Pistachio shells on the floor by the nightstand. Phone cradle had black gunk in it. Secondary to the filth was the shabbiness of the room. Old stains on the bedspread (which was, however, clean). Molding pulling away from the wall, poorly repaired water damage on the ceiling. Bed was clean and comfortable, staff was friendly, though didn't correct the problems.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank anielsen780
Kayla C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your rating. I am so very sorry for your experience. We take matters of cleanliness very seriously and you can rest assured I'll be sharing your remarks with our team. We are making diligent efforts to improve our product and through feedback, such as yours, we are able to understand how and where best to concentrate our efforts. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Unfortunately I spent 2 nights here, would have left if there was anything else available at the last minute. Pay attention when booking a room, whether it is smoking or non is the very last thing in the description. I got a smoking room and no others were available. I had a room with 2 beds, one of them had a visible crater in the middle of it. I set my backpack on the bed and it fell into the hole. I opened the closet and the clothes rack/ shelf was installed with about a 20 deg tilt. I hung a shirt on the bar and it slid to the bottom. The light didnt work in the shower, had to leave the door open. I returned for the second night to find new towels on the crater bed and the other one was exactly the way I left it. Yep they didnt make the bed apparently the daily cleaning here consists of new towels and taking out the trash. When I got up in the morning I found that the coffee packet I used the day before was still in the coffee maker. Again a miserable experience I sincerely do not wish to repeat.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank robert6055

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for rating. I've reached out to you privately to address this matter. I am terribly sorry for your experience. Please know we are working diligently to improve our product and services. Thank you for your time.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

The room was filthy. The hotel rooms are outside access. Bathroom (toilet and shower area) also dirty and really tiny. Barely any grassy space to walk a dog. Breakfast coffee bad. Far off of I 65. Not up to La Quinta standards. Find somewhere else to stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shelleyort
Kayla C, General Manager at La Quinta Inn by Wyndham Huntsville Research Park, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Please accept my apology that your stay fell short of your expectations and our best. Matters of cleanliness are of the utmost importance to us, it is with that in mind that I'll be sharing your remarks with our team. We thrive on providing our guests with the best stay possible and through feedback such as yours we are able to do so. Thank you for your time and invaluable feedback.