“Overall good”

La Quinta Inn Huntsville Research Park
Ranked #27 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
“Overall good”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Good value for price and staff were great. Just might need to improve cleaning process due to odor but it may be due to it being an older building. Dusting would be helpful too. Otherwise great stay and it was relaxing and quiet. Very close to everything I needed. The staff was professional and very helpful. Keep up the good work. The lady on staff that brought me a towel had a smile on her face and she was very pleasant! All staff keep up the good work! Customers like me really appreciate it. I would stay again! Thanks so much.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
ATHENS
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed one night and spent our first day at the pool. We took a picnic to the table inside the fences pool area and enjoyed the whole evening. People were polite and helpful. The hotel is somewhat dated but kept nicely. Our beds were clean and very comfortable. Rooms were nice size and air conditioning worked great. We really enjoyed our stay. Breakfast was awesome. I lived the waffle station. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed July 2013
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This is in an easily accessible area of Huntsville, and although not "brand new" it was up to date, clean with a good breakfast and a friendly staff. We would definitely come back to this La Quinta if we were in the area. The price is considerably more affordable than other nearby motels, too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in La Quinta's before and never had an issue. I read the reviews and thought this place would be decent and affordable for just an overnight stay. I was WRONG. First I have to say that the staff was great. The room was not very clean and had a funky smell to it. The worse part was the extremely loud and obnoxious people that were hanging around right outside our door. It went on for hours. One minute they were laughing and the next minute they were fighting and even ran into our door at one point. We have small children that were thankfully asleep but we were very afraid and wanted to put our sleeping kids in the car and leave in the middle of the night. I have never experienced this type of inconsiderate behavior at any hotel stay ever before. I'm not sure what was going on out there, maybe this is just a bad part of town. I don't know much about this area, we are from another state just visiting family here but it felt like we were in the projects and a shoot out could start at any moment! If you are looking for a peaceful night of sleep this is not the place. I won't stay here again ever.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank prettypinkmom
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I booked this room through a priceline package deal. The overall value for the price was excellent. The hotel was freshly remodeled, attractive, and clean. The beds were comfortable, and the newer TV offered basic cable channels and accepted connections to personal media devices. There was free wifi. The staff was friendly and courteous. I recommend this hotel to travelers on a budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We booked this hotel with our LQ rewards points for our free night. I'm glad we had only planned on staying one night,because I would not have stayed more than that. This hotel is much lower quality than most of LQs I've stayed in. The area is not the best, but it is close to the Space Center. This is an outside entrance hotel. You do not enter your room from an inside area unless you are in one of their 'suites', which is what we stayed in for a $10 upgrade from our points. I needed a microwave and extra space for a pack and play. The suites have a the space, the microwave and a fridge, and that is it from what I could tell. Also the inside entrance is worth the $10 IMO. The room wasn't cleaned very well from the last people. We found 3 girl toys in the room from just being in there; one was small enough (a pony) my son could have swallowed it. We didn't go searching for them. The hotel has an overall dirty feel; the running stains from spills on the walls, the crusty baseboards, etc. The bedding, at least, was clean and the bed comfortable. The pool area was okay. The pool was very old and the bottom was crumbling and hard on the feet. We went downstairs for breakfast, took one look at the cereal dispenser, and decided to find somewhere else to eat. It was dirty and given the state of the rest of the hotel, we didn't want to eat there. Next time we're in the area, we will be getting a room in a different hotel chain.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family