“Suprise find!”

D and L Bistro
Ranked #37 of 594 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: American, Cajun & Creole, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Established in 2002 by two of Huntsville’s top restaurateurs, Linda Herrmann and David Yohn, D&L Bistro is the casual fine dining restaurant of choice for affordable gourmet cuisine and impeccable service. Conveniently located on South Memorial Parkway in Huntsville’s Main Street South shopping village. D&L Bistro offers lunch and dinner; on-premise catering is also available. Our cuisine is prepared to order from the freshest available seasonal ingredients and is unique and eclectic. We are an indepently Chef owned operation with a true family friendly atmosphere and service.
Sautee Nacoochee, Georgia
“Suprise find!”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were very surprised to find this little gem in a strip shopping center in Huntsville. The mussels were all perfect..mussels in Huntsville? My salad with shrimp was excellent. The shrimp was lightly crusted and cooked in an iron skillet. My husband order the sea bass. Cooked to perfection. The servers were OK, but a restaurant serving this quality of food should really train
their servers to equal the food. No real complaints about him, just not over customer service oriented. We will be back if we hit Huntsville again. Oh, and save room for a dessert!

• Visited October 2013

Huntsville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Relaxing with Elegance”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I ate there last night. Upon entering we were told to choose our own table. The service was good, the waiter was willing to answer our questions. I was impressed with the presentation of the food and the taste was pleasing. It's a pleasant, calming and pretty place to dine.

• Visited October 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great food, terrible service”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

This would have gotten 5 stars had the service not been so bad. Our server seemed unconcerned with anything. We were at the table over an hour and my glass was refilled once. We waited and waited just to pay the bill. The table beside us was told (15 minutes after placing their order) that their order was lost so they had to re-order. Too bad, it would be a great place if it were not for the poor service.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank hawkdriver61
Huntsville, Alabama
“Romantic, Outstanding Service, Excellent Fare”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I guarantee you will love the food and service at this Bistro. So confident am I in this that my wife and I returned here for our wedding anniversary....the same building (different restaurant now) where I proposed.

The evening had a rough beginning (addressed later in this review). Promptly seated, our waitress was fast, friendly and ready with super recommendations from the wine list and the menu. Never steered us wrong and everything you can ask for in a waitress/waiter. Very professional and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was still low-key, low light and romantic for two. I had the pork and it was falling off the bone, buttery smooth. My wife had the Salmon Florentine...she reports it was superb. The desert was Creme Brulee and wonderful.

The evening finally met our expectations and desire. I say this because of disappointing fashion in which it began....

Earlier in the week, I had called to make reservations to find out that on Saturdays, D&L does not accept 9:00 or later reservations....but they would do 8:45, so I took that. When THE DAY arrived it was thrown askew by the illness of a family member. We got that situation addressed, but found ourselves running behind getting ready for the evening. We headed out to D & L. Halfway there, I received a phone call from the restaurant (the manager?) stating he had me down for an 8:45 reservation and were we going to keep it? I checked the time....8:52. I told him we were on our way and would be there.

I must say I have NEVER had that happen before. Never has a restaurant called me to confirm I was going to keep my reservation when I have been delayed and certainly not when I was just SEVEN (7) minutes behind. My wife was livid. In fact, we had a tiff over whether she was going to say something when we arrived. I talked her out of it. A horrible beginning to our anniversary evening. Maybe it is just us, but we found this terribly inappropriate.

To close on a happy note, I can (without reservation LOL) state the dinner and wait staff were so marvelous that they were able to right the ship and recover our experience. We enjoyed the rest of the evening very much. However, if and when we return to D & L, I will be sure to arrive early!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Atticusjd
Clarkesville, Georgia
“Cozy with great food and service”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

On the outskirts of town in a shopping center----very attentive and proficient staff and excellent chef offering a wide variety of entrees. Upstairs bar with additional tables. Highly recommended.

Visited April 2013