See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Without doubt, one of my Favorite Hotels. Upon arrival, I was warmly welcomed by Staff (Jessica) and General Manager (Zandra Green), both from Macon, Ga. They both were incredibly Helpful & Courteous. The Hotel was very clean and well maintained. My room was spotless, and in very good condition. The atmosphere is so special, that it really felt like home to me. All respect for the General Manager (Larry Jones) & Staff, for doing such a Great Job here. A true example of excellent Hospitality...

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed February 19, 2018

The rooms are bare, just a bed, fridge, 2 burner cooktop. That's it, no coffee pot, no pots and pans, no dishware, no silverware. They want to charge you another $40.00 for those items( if they have them!) Which they did not. They literally told my husband to go buy paper plates. This place is a joke! Your money would be better spent somewhere else and in a better neighborhood!!

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Holly P
Mitchell L, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Huntsville University Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2018

Holly,

We are sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I will research to find out if we are being advertised as having dishes and cookware in the rooms, I am unaware of any such advertisement at this time. It is regrettable that our hotel was not equipped to allow you to purchase the kit and that our team member made a poor suggestion of purchasing paper plates. As this is your first time staying with us, I hope you will give us another chance to earn back your trust.

Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

I think this place is a “bang for the buck” kinda place, no extra charges for a crappy breakfast or room service (which I don’t use) but is available upon request. I was happy to find out I could have my dog stay with me & not have to worry about what to do with her. The rooms were set up nice (for the cost) & a full size fridge really helps out. Just wish it had a pool & gym. But I guess that would inflate costs per room. All in all good place for the 240$ a week spent

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
Mitchell L, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Huntsville University Area, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2018

Bamaboy93,

Thank you for the positive review of your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and you insights are correct on how we pass on the savings to our guests, by not adding on for items or amenties that one might not need or want.

Reviewed November 20, 2017

Deceitful business that penalized my handicapped mother who could not use the bathroom facilities. They charged her 2 days for leaving (at 7am) after one day out of a week booking. The walls and floors are paper thin. No blankets on beds or curtains on windows. Residents and staff ignore no smoking in elevator. Horrid place. It's like a homeless shelter but they make you pay for everything! You pay extra for TP!!! Avoid at all costs!

Room Tip: Avoid this place!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank DooWiki
Mitchell L, Manager at Suburban Extended Stay Hotel Huntsville University Area, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2017

DooWiki,

I sincerely apologize for any issues you or your mother may have encountered during your stay with us. I wish I had more details to investigate upon your comments. I was not aware that we had a guest needing an ADA room and not being able to receive one. It's unfortunate that our staff neglected to put a blanket on the bed, typically the blankets are wrapped between the top sheet and cumulus. We do provide blinds for our window coverings. It is also regrettable that other guests negatively effected your stay. We do address issues such as smoking in the elevator as they occur. We hope to have the opportunity to earn back your trust.

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

The General Manager Andrea is so nice and makes you feel like home. Her employees (Breanna) . Are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean. I would like to thank Ms. Andrea again. I will be back soon. If you stay here you will feel like your home..

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

We love the comments and acknowledging our staff for their efforts to make all of our guests feel welcome in a home away from home type of atmosphere.