“Lovin it for 30+years!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Arab, Alabama
“Lovin it for 30+years!”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

I just absolutely love this place!!! Our dad used to take us just about every week when we were growing up and when I was pregnant with my two kids I just about lived there!!! This is a different type of mexican food...more authentic but not "real" mexican!! They have the best salsa and Chiles Rellenos anywhere hands down!! The fact that they have been there since the 60's says alot I think!!!This is my favorite place to go hands down for "americanized" mexican!! If you want something really truly authentic you should go to the little hole in the wall place by the Firehouse Antiques...real mexican!! Best taco's ever!! lots of cilantro, onion and limes to squirt on it!!!

• Visited March 2014

Huntsville, Alabama
“dirty, dingy, dim”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

El palacio should not even be in buisness anymore. The place looks so worn down on the inside its not even funny. The "buffet" if you will is just 5 or 6 choices of food items that were mediocre and not very good. They charged $20 for two people and we only got 4 items a peice on our plates that on top of everything else burned me! The guy working behind the food line said "oh yea they are hot, you gotta watch out" after i burned myself. Please save your money and don't go to the hole in the wall. you will regret it.

just a tip: please tear down your building and rebuild from the ground up and redecorate differently el palacio owners!

• Visited February 2014
Decatur, Alabama
“Sucks donkey”
Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This place is a joke. The tacos taste like they are straight out of a box. The were 1/4 full and said they didn't have enough menus for us. What the crap?

1 Thank skinflin
“Nasty!!!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went for lunch with my husband and 2 children. Half of the kids menu has been marked out so they no longer serve the items. Most expensive Mexican restaurant I have ever been to!! Worst chips and salsa on the planet!!!! We paid for our drinks and left!!! Will NEVER go back ever again!!!!!!

• Visited August 2013
“Been eating there for years!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

I have been eating at El Palacio since I was a little girl. The building and decor has not changed since in the last 30 years. I have eaten the lunch buffet and ordered from the menu. The beans are incrediable unlike anyone else's. I usually get the chili relleno, my all-time favorite. The food is a notch above the other Mexican restaurants. I highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013