“Long time customer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Alabama, United States
“Long time customer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2012

El Palacios is by far our favorite Mexican restaurant! The yellow cheese dip is so good and the enchiladas, beans and rice are all good. Love the quacamole salads (ask them to add shredded cheese though). I have been going there since I was a kid. They really need to remodel the building some and add better bathrooms. Even better would be if they would build a new one on the south end of town.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Huntsville, Alabama, United States
“Burritos with a side of E. Coli”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2012

My family ate dinner here last year. You can't miss the restaurant, its sign is a humongous yellow sombrero. My stomach turns every time I drive down the Parkway and see it. It was terrible!!! The food was so greasy, and covered in CHEDDAR cheese. Not affordable. My debit card was charged $10 more than my total bill even when I left a cash tip on the table. I called the next day and complained about my bill. They fixed it eventually. My food looked and tasted like a TV dinner from Wal-Mart. My little boy didn't want to eat his food, and my husband, who will eat practically everything, did not like the food either. After ingesting the food, I had to quickly retreat to the bathroom where I promptly "refunded" my dinner in the toilet. I don't know about anyone else, but when I eat at a Mexican restaurant and do not see any Hispanic people working there, something must be wrong. Maybe I had dinner here on the wrong day--but I won't give them a second chance. I went home vomiting and had stomach cramps for 3 days. Eat here at your own risk...

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Huntsville, Alabama
“Good Mexican fare”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

Good food at reasonable price, especially the lunch buffet. Chile Renanos are fantastic.

Guntersville, Alabama
“My first taste of Mexican Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

This is the restaurant my friends took me to years ago when I said I had never had Mexican food. Over the years it has become a favorite.

1 Thank BamaLover
alabama
“Buffet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2012

Excellent beans and the Chile Relleno is great. Affordable lunch buffet.