“Excellent, regardless of past reveiws. Recommended”
Review of P.F. Chang's

P.F. Chang's
Ranked #31 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Excellent, regardless of past reveiws. Recommended”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

After reading reveiws here twice my wife and I, albeit very reluctantly decided to try this restaurant even after all of the bad reveiws. I was amazed at how poorly this restaurant wasn't rated considering it was in the newest and chic shopping area in the city. We started the evening at the bar, it was New Years day and the wait was almost out the door. The bartender was very nice, we were served almost immediately and they were able to make my wifes favorite cocktail, a key lime martini. After about 30 minutes in the bar we were seated. We brought our drinks with us and the waiter immediately asked if we needed water with our drinks. Upon bringing our water he took our appetizer order. I had sichuan calamari and brown rice my wife had lo mein with shrimp along with an order or crab wontons. All of our food was excellent and the service was excellent. The only complaint I had at all was the seating was a little too close for me, there was really no place for a romantic setting but overall I would say this place was excellent.

madison al
“lost the dinner by the time i drove out of the parking lot”
Reviewed October 8, 2009

It was one of the worst service i have ever gotten in all the lower 48 states, canada nad most of mexico. We told the waitress we we in no hurry after we ordered cocktails, she brought our appetizers with our soup before we got our cocktails, then brought out the entree but i sent it back ,again we told her we wanted to linger over our cocktails and enjoy our dinner. When i did taste the shrimp i told her something was not right, the manager did come over and try to explain why it tasted that way, it was an insult to my intelligence the way he explained why it tasted the way it did and he offered to take it off the bill, i told him that was not the issue , i would not allow that, i was only giving them constructive criticism . They asked if i wanted a to go box and i thought if i cant eat it here why would I want to take it home. dessert was good. Before we got up to Hwy 72 ,my friend had to pull over twice for me to up chuck.

Huntsville, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, poor service.”
Reviewed August 28, 2009

Good food, slow service. The food was plentiful and very fresh tasting. We ordered combo lo mein, combo fried rice, spring rolls, Chang's spicey chicken, steamed dumplings and beef/broccoli entree. The food was delicious, fresh tasting and plentiful. It took us over an hour to be served after we had made our order. It wasn't overly crowded when we went so we still don't know what the hold up was other than they were making sure everything was cooked to perfection. The fried banana dessert wasn't too good, as the bananas tasted "green". But I would go again, and hope that the service is faster and the food is just as good. I give PF Chang's restaurant two thumbs up!----Crystal O. New Market, AL

Huntsville, Alabama
“Wait staff with attitude and not much else”
Reviewed August 4, 2009

The food is good, but every waitperson seems to have a chip on their shoulders. It's as if they are mad because they have jobs which require them to work. Many of them are young, school age people. They ought to be grateful. When I was young, the only jobs available were toting cinder blocks or pounding nails all day. A great place to eat if you happen to get one of the few wait people who care about their jobs...

Madison, AL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Offensive Service”
Reviewed July 20, 2009

PF Chang's has some of the best food in the area. Definitely the best at Bridge Street, and is one of the best chain locations in Huntsville / Madison. But of course, it better be good because the service is offensively bad.

Don't get me wrong, the service can be good. For a price. Order up some of their expensive plates or wines and your waiter will kiss your butt all night. But order only a water to drink, and expect to be ignored for the next hour. Also be sure to dress really nicely for attention, because if you come in with just jeans and sneakers, you'll be sneered upon and also ignored.

But of course, the delicious menu is the saving grace. Every plate is ridiculously good, and the prices are somewhat reasonable. If you can bear the spotty service, it's definitely worth going to anyways.

1 Thank Danielrh9