“Upscale Mexican”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great restuarant in an upscale ourdoor mall. Food is very good and don't miss the guacamole which is made at your table.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I've eaten here probably a dozen times. I agree that it's a little "pricey" for what you get, and I have to say, that after taking my Mother there last Saturday, the majority of their "Modern Mexican" items are completely flavorless!! On the other hand, if you stick with their table-side guacamole and their ceviche, you can't go wrong. Now back to the "not so good" --I ordered a big platter, the Cantina Laredo Platter, primarily "to go," so my husband could have half of it and the following were just gross: the chicken enchilada (rubbery tortilla, and nothing but chicken inside the enchilada); the oaxaca cheese chile relleno (dipped in a gross batter, which was extra thick/flavorless and when I removed the batter to salvage what I could from the chile, it was a super-flavorless, inedible chile); tamale, (ditto -- same nasty batter, could only manage to eat one bite!), and a fajita beef taco al carbon on that gigantic platter, which actually had flavorful beef in it! (again, why aren't there any ingredients in the taco, beyond the main ingredient - beef -- is it me, or don't things like onion, lettuce, tomato, cheese, etc. really enhance a taco or enchilada?) Oh, and the platter’s price point is just under $18.00.

At dinnertime, the wait staff can be in"stalker" mode, checking on the table too often, yet they consistently fail to keep the water glasses filled.

Having said all the "bad" I must add that my husband had 1 of their fish specials, it was either Salmon or Tilapia the other night, and it looked great and he said it tasted good. Personally, I'll stick with the "top shelf guacamole", the ceviche (which is ****always good!****) and the sopa de tortilla (which is good and is actually GREAT when you can get it served *hot.*)

More of the GOOD: their happy hour is nice and if you eat at the bar you can get "bar-sized" appetizers. So, I got a small ceviche for ~ 4.95, which was a value, and super-filling. If you like desserts, their table-side Mexican Brownie was deemed “delicious” by my sister, when she was in town.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Have Cedric prepare you his fire roasted salmon with chipolte sauce. Anastasia is the best! She is attentive and spot on in terms of service. Well done!

Reviewed July 27, 2012

We wanted to have a very special function at this establishment and I called to see what we needed to do in order to set up a reservation. It was explained to me and I was under the impression that I understood what to expect. However, by the end of the function, we were left with a larger than life bill to pay. For those that were unable to attend the function we had to come out of pocket and additional 25 dollars a head, but on top of that we were charged for some of the people that did come but they did not order any thing to eat/drink. The manager did not own up to his lack of clarification in this matter (and the fact that we should have gone around to room to make sure that each guest ordered something off the menu.) The front hostesses were rude and they had serious attitudes. The payment for service ended up being more that anyone would have wanted to waste on a place like Cantina Laredo. The attempts to talk to the manager and try to resolve the situation were pointless, and the whole evening was less than enjoyable. When upper management called to ask me about my dispute it was clear that he was not willing to see how unclear and unfair his staff was about the final outcome to this situation. This establishment does not deal well with conflict, they do not deal well with problem solving, and their people skills from a management/hostess perspective is lacking. My experience dealing with them has left a bad taste in my mouth I will not recommend their services to anyone, and I will never eat or recommend another person to this place.

1  Thank Melanie S
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Service was slow - seemed that socialization among the staff took priority over service to customers. I didn't care for warm salsa on a hot day. The food was good but the portions were small and the prices high. I won't return.