“RIBS and Bread!”

Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Kids, Families with children
“RIBS and Bread!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The Original Dreamland in Tuscaloosa, Alabama is a staple for Ribs and I have ate there for years when traveling thru. In the past have ate at other Dreamland locations and been a little let down. UNDERSTAND you go to Dreamland for the RIBS THE BREAD THE SAUCE...NUTTIN more! The Huntsville Location was great the Pit there is seasoned great and hence the famous Dreamland Rib Flavor. I took a Slab to go after we ate there and since have ate those ...Amazing just follow the reheating instructions on the Website. Great job Dreamland...BIG DADDY would be PROUD!!

• Visited July 2013

Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA
“Good BBQ”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I recenlty ate dinner here with my family. Overall the food was great, they bring out bread and sauce as an appetizer which was awesome. The only downside on the menu is that they didn't have any platters where you can try a little bit of everything, but since it was five of use we just got something of everything and shared it all family style. The wings, sausage and ribs were all good. The sides we got were pretty tasty as well. More options for sides would be good too. Great experience the whole meal. Staff was on point as well.

• Visited May 2013
Ohio
“Pulled Pork - a real treat”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my second trip to Huntsville in the last two years, and I made a point to make a second stop at Dreamland BBQ. The second visit was as good as the first. I had the pulled pork sandwich, as did others in my party, and all were satisfied. The BBQ sauce is a bit on the hot side, which is good for me! The location is very close to the Rocket Museum, about a 10 minute drive.

• Visited April 2013
Celina, Ohio
“Dreamland, really?”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place has a great history, you could see it plastered all over the walls. But it was greasy, grimy, and dirty; including the floors and bathrooms. Visible damage and disrepair everywhere- except the building facade. Loved the huge open fire pits- it showed the BBQ's authenticity. Having moved down south in the 3rd grade, I have some pretty strong preferences about how BBQ is made! It smelled delicious too. We were served slices of cheap white bread with a side of sauce on styrofoam plates with plastic ware to match. The "pork nachos" were slathered in a canned yellow cheese sauce reminiscent of a bad plate of nachos from the roller rink when I was 11... gross. The BBQ chicken tastes like nothing, the BBQ pork is actually decent if you forgo the bleachy bun. I voted for the local Mexican restaraunt that day but was shot down and I'm still bitter about it. Waste of money.

Visited March 2013
Estill Springs, Tennessee
“Disappointed Diner”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love BBQ and have enjoyed it in many, many joints. And, I've eaten Dreamland BBQ in several locations and always enjoyed it's smoky taste and the "odd" tasting sauce. I don't use much sauce so it really doesn't matter about the odd taste. I stopped in the Huntsville location last Sunday to pick up some dinner on the way home. The chopped pork was pretty good - nothing to write home about. But, the ribs..... were terrible. They were tough as a boot (although I've never chewed on a boot) and had very, very little smoke taste. I actually had to use a knife to cut them off the bone and dice the meat up in small chunks. Had I not been 60 miles away, I would have driven back to the restaurant to get my money back.

• Visited March 2013