“Pulled Pork - a real treat”
Review of Dreamland BBQ

Dreamland BBQ
Ranked #190 of 616 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed April 16, 2013

This is my second trip to Huntsville in the last two years, and I made a point to make a second stop at Dreamland BBQ. The second visit was as good as the first. I had the pulled pork sandwich, as did others in my party, and all were satisfied. The BBQ sauce is a bit on the hot side, which is good for me! The location is very close to the Rocket Museum, about a 10 minute drive.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This place has a great history, you could see it plastered all over the walls. But it was greasy, grimy, and dirty; including the floors and bathrooms. Visible damage and disrepair everywhere- except the building facade. Loved the huge open fire pits- it showed the BBQ's authenticity. Having moved down south in the 3rd grade, I have some pretty strong preferences about how BBQ is made! It smelled delicious too. We were served slices of cheap white bread with a side of sauce on styrofoam plates with plastic ware to match. The "pork nachos" were slathered in a canned yellow cheese sauce reminiscent of a bad plate of nachos from the roller rink when I was 11... gross. The BBQ chicken tastes like nothing, the BBQ pork is actually decent if you forgo the bleachy bun. I voted for the local Mexican restaraunt that day but was shot down and I'm still bitter about it. Waste of money.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love BBQ and have enjoyed it in many, many joints. And, I've eaten Dreamland BBQ in several locations and always enjoyed it's smoky taste and the "odd" tasting sauce. I don't use much sauce so it really doesn't matter about the odd taste. I stopped in the Huntsville location last Sunday to pick up some dinner on the way home. The chopped pork was pretty good - nothing to write home about. But, the ribs..... were terrible. They were tough as a boot (although I've never chewed on a boot) and had very, very little smoke taste. I actually had to use a knife to cut them off the bone and dice the meat up in small chunks. Had I not been 60 miles away, I would have driven back to the restaurant to get my money back.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband had dinner here one evening. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. I had the pulled chicken and it was pretty dry. My husband had the ribs and they were not very tender, but tasted ok. The Mac and cheese was excellent. The cole slaw was also excellent. Our waitress was wonderful and very friendly. The restaurant was clean. I'd go back and try something else, we have heard good things about this restaurant, so maybe we went on a bad day?

1  Thank Sammalina
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I first experienced Dreamland in Tuscaloosa AL over 15 years ago. It was great tender ribs with a sauce and a few slices of white bread.

Seated by hostess no waitress for at least ten min. Ribs were dry and need sauce. No bread even though menus says served with. Beans tasted like they were from a can.

Over priced on a positive note the slaw was good.

Everything served on plastic or paper. I will not return.