“Disappointed Diner”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Estill Springs, Tennessee
“Disappointed Diner”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I love BBQ and have enjoyed it in many, many joints. And, I've eaten Dreamland BBQ in several locations and always enjoyed it's smoky taste and the "odd" tasting sauce. I don't use much sauce so it really doesn't matter about the odd taste. I stopped in the Huntsville location last Sunday to pick up some dinner on the way home. The chopped pork was pretty good - nothing to write home about. But, the ribs..... were terrible. They were tough as a boot (although I've never chewed on a boot) and had very, very little smoke taste. I actually had to use a knife to cut them off the bone and dice the meat up in small chunks. Had I not been 60 miles away, I would have driven back to the restaurant to get my money back.

• Visited March 2013

“Great Mac n cheese”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband had dinner here one evening. It was ok, but nothing to write home about. I had the pulled chicken and it was pretty dry. My husband had the ribs and they were not very tender, but tasted ok. The Mac and cheese was excellent. The cole slaw was also excellent. Our waitress was wonderful and very friendly. The restaurant was clean. I'd go back and try something else, we have heard good things about this restaurant, so maybe we went on a bad day?

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Sammalina
Grapevine
“Good example of a brand expanded in the wrong direction.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

I first experienced Dreamland in Tuscaloosa AL over 15 years ago. It was great tender ribs with a sauce and a few slices of white bread.

Seated by hostess no waitress for at least ten min. Ribs were dry and need sauce. No bread even though menus says served with. Beans tasted like they were from a can.

Over priced on a positive note the slaw was good.

Everything served on plastic or paper. I will not return.

“Not Impressed!”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Lots of hoopla concerning this place but I just don't get. The service and atmosphere were both great but the food was a major disappointment. The ribs were very tough and very dry. The chicken was like rubber. Maybe they were just having a bad day, I don't know. I will hesitate to return. I give em 2 out of 5 forks. Keep driving.

Fayetteville, Tennessee
“Not what I thought”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went to Dreamland BBq thinking it was a good place for BBq. . My girlfriend and I were craving some good BBq. We left the restaurant still craving Good BBq. The service was great. The food wasn't. We both got a plate with two different item on it so we could sample all of their BBq. I got the ribs and the sausage. She got the chicken and pulled pork. The ribs were terrible. They were dry and tuff. The sausage was the best of all. The chicken was ok and the pulled pork well we've had better from packaged pulled pork. We were very disappointed.

• Visited January 2013