“Smiling greeters, very good service, good food”
Review of O'Charleys

O'Charleys
Ranked #362 of 601 Restaurants in Huntsville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Smiling greeters, very good service, good food”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

The website is www.ocharleys.com, and their phone number is 256-837-3431. We went on a Sunday morning, about 11:30, after church. We were greeted by smiling hostesses, and seated promptly. Our waiter was very good. Our rolls looked a bit flat, but were tasty. I had the cedar-planked salmon, listed on the menu as a customer favorite, with smashed potatoes and a salad. The salmon portion was large, 9 oz. (My wife and I would have ordinarily split a meal here, but we had company -- and coupons.) The salmon may have been a bit overcooked around the edges, but was just right in the middle. It was prepared very plainly, though. It seemed to have just a bit of smoke flavoring, perhaps from the partly-charred cedar plank. I would have expected some sort of topping or glaze, but perhaps I should be happy that they just didn't mess it up. The salad has been reviewed as "average", but mine was larger than the average side salad. The tomato was a bit acidy, but even the green salad was pretty good considering that it was fresh, and I got to choose the dressing. My smashed potatoes seemed a bit bland, but it was about a triple serving, and had some bacon broken up on top. My wife ordered the Southern Fried Chicken Salad. It was large, and very good. She had the good sense to take half of it home in a go box. It was still good from the fridge the next day -- the lettuce had not even started turning brown. We used our $10 off $40 coupon from the paper. They even give a discount for the tax and tip with the coupons! We sat in the back room, and didn't have to walk over their chronic slippery spot by the kitchen door. There was no annoying music, and there were some nice-looking customers.

• Visited May 2012

Chicago, Illinois
“Decent food and service”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Had grilled salmon - better than many restaurants. Seemed just a bit high on the price spectrum.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank SGillinois
San Pedro, Belize
“Great bartender”
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Only had drinks but wanted to find a specific restaurant and the bar tender knew it and gave us great directions.

Visited April 2012
Saint Peters, Missouri
“nice place”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

good place for something a lit bit different but not very pricey

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Eula B
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Service!”
Reviewed March 21, 2012

I placed an order using 'To Go'. The server was very courteous and helpful with my selection. I was in and out in a matter of minutes.

Visited March 2012