“Expensive for Mexican but good quality food.”

Phil Sandoval's Mexican Restaurante
Ranked #8 of 609 Restaurants in Huntsville
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Nashville, Tennessee
“Expensive for Mexican but good quality food.”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

I ate here because the Cheddar's across the parking lot was standing room only. This looked like a nice place to eat and was tired of driving around Huntsville. The prices were a little high at dinner but the food was very good quality and the portions were large. I ordered the steak and chicken fajita combo and had food left for the next day at lunch. The rice and beans were better than most mexican restaurants. The beef in the fajitas was very tender and seemed to be a prime cut. Overall I really liked this place but felt it was a little too high compared to what I normally spend on Mexican food.

• Visited November 2012

Huntsville, Alabama
“Best Mexican in Huntsville”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My son and I finally got to eat here after hearing about it for quite a while. It definitely stood up to my expectations. I knew it would be good when I sat down to the salsa and chips which was very tasty.My son had 3 soft tacos which were huge and came with your typical rice and beans. I had a chicken burrito in a sour cream sauce. Both were very good and well worth the price. The service was excellent. Not a complaint here and my son already wants to go back!

• Visited November 2012
Tucker, Georgia
“Above average food and exceptional service”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrive early or you'll wait in line. Having said that, the wait is worth it. Very good Mexican food with service that was noteworthy. I'm not one that usually dotes on service (that's what they're supposed to do well) but these folks are special.

Visited November 2012
“Very tasty and unique”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

I had their shimp tacos, which are definitely a different take on a taco. My wife had their triple tostada and was pleased as well. Their chips are excellent, but personally I prefer a diferent kind of salsa. Their menu is fairly limited, but I would be willing to return.

Visited November 2012
Jackson, Georgia
“My New favorite Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was a nice restaurant in a strip mall setting and ordinarily I wouldnt have even went in because often the food has a "chain store" taste . I was taken here by a local resident and I thought that at best the food might be fair but not good or great. I was wrong.
This has great food and i had the special dinner that pretty much has everything. It was all great with no complaints or suggestions on how it might be better.
I always get a flan and I suggested one for my date that had never tried one. The flan was really good! It had coconut flakes on it which i had never seen done before. That was okay by me but not for my companion that doesnt like coconut. I highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited July 2012