“Great Moon Buggy Race”

US Space and Rocket Center Admission
Ranked #1 of 69 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Home to Space Camp, Aviation Challenge and NASA's Official Visitor Information Center for Marshall Space Flight Center; The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is recognized as one of the most comprehensive U.S. manned space flight hardware museums in the world.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
Weatherford, Oklahoma
85 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Great Moon Buggy Race”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

We came with a team of college students to participate in the 2013 Great Moon Buggy Race. Our first time to visit the center, and we had a wonderful time. The exhibits in the museum were interesting, especially the one on battlefield robots. Our students enjoyed the climbing wall. We spent a very enjoyable three days here, and hope to be able to come back again next year. The races were so much more than we expected. I'm sure that visitors who brought their children to watch the event had a great time.

Visited April 2013
USSRC, Public Relations Manager at U.S. Space and Rocket Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thanks so much for your comments! We are glad to hear your visit during the Great Moonbuggy Race was enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

• Czech first
  • Korean first
salt lake city
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 92 helpful votes
“Fabulous museum!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I participated in' a corporate type space camp--that was quite interesting, informative and fun. The real highlight was the Davidson center, where a complete Saturn V hangs horizontally above you. The Davidson center is also home to the crew vehicle, the moon buggy, moon lander and lots of other space memoriabilia. Brings back lots of memories of a great era in our country's history and makes me hope that we'll have an equally successful future in space. If you don't know about the history of propulsion and space exploration and the U.S.'s role in that, definitely visit this Center.

Visited April 2013
Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent visit to the center. Corporate Camp is a great program and we are glad to hear you enjoyed it. We hope you will come back and visit us again one day!
Winchester, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice Trip...”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Space and Rocket Center is a wonderful place to bring not only your family but any students on a field trip....You learn alot !!!!

Huntsville, Alabama
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“I live here and didn't know what I was missing...”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

So, I've lived in Huntsville for a little over a year, and I can see the rockets as I take my daughter to daycare and go to work. Not even 2 years old, she noticed them and asked what they were. So, when my husband's grandmother invited us to visit with her church group, I was very excited. We got there as they opened at 9AM and we stayed until about 2PM, but I could have spent the rest of the afternoon exploring this place!!! There is so much to see and it is very interesting, especially if you like space, rockets, engineering, or history. We started out in the Saturn building, which houses a Saturn V moon rocket. It was incredibly impressive. And there were tons of things to see and read in this building alone. I loved that they have a children's play area, but my toddler wanted to see everything, so I know I missed a lot of what I would have read or looked more closely at, because she was so excited. My husband rode the space shot (I had done this as a school ager, and though it was thrilling, I don't do the thrill ride thing much anymore). He loved it and it was great fun seeing who got off the ride ready to go again, and who was petrified and vowed "never again!" We also saw an IMAX movie. It was educational, which I liked, but my husband said was a snooze... he was very impressed with the screen and a preview of polar bears literally took his breath away. Thankfully, our 2 year old slept through this, because I'd hate to have to get up and leave during a show.

Everyone really enjoyed visiting the Space and Rocket Center. Except for being exhausted from chasing and/or lugging around a toddler and forgetting sunscreen for the outside portion of the day, it was awesome! I do suggest dedicating a full day to this interactive museum.

I don't know how much it costs to get in... the church covered our admission, but I really think it was worth it!!!

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to tell us about your recent trip. We are glad you finally took the time to stop in and hope to see you back often! We would recommend the family membership option for you as the best price as it will also get you in to 200 other museum across the country for free!
Saint Paul, Minnesota
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Space memorabilia and activities shine!”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We spent about 2 hours at this great place that has a great collection of rockets, shuttle, and Space Lab memorabilia. There are many interactive activities for kids and adult-sized kids, and we had fun. We didn't have a lot of time, so didn't do the IMAX, but that would have added even more fun to our morning. This is the place where people can go to Space Camp, and there were lots of learning centers for those folks. Go here for both an interesting and educational time. That Saturn 5 rocket is HUGE!!!!