“Space and Stuff”

US Space and Rocket Center Admission
Ranked #1 of 68 things to do in Huntsville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Home to Space Camp, Aviation Challenge and NASA's Official Visitor Information Center for Marshall Space Flight Center; The U.S. Space & Rocket Center is recognized as one of the most comprehensive U.S. manned space flight hardware museums in the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase
Talladega, Alabama
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Space and Stuff”
Reviewed January 23, 2012

I grew up about 45 minutes from the Space & Rocket Center, so I went a lot during my childhood, and I still love it. Space is intriguing, so learning about it is fun, and the rides are awesome!

• Czech first
  • Korean first
Atlanta, Georgia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Interesting activities for large group of kids”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Our cub scout pack spent the night at the Space and rocket center, rooms were fine for what we needed, they had seven single bunk beds per room and a half of a picknick table in each room and nothing more, common bathrooms for about 12 rooms. Our group had an average of 4 people per room but we spent so little time there it would not have been a big problem to have had more if necessary. The bathroom was tight even for our smaller group.
The food was poor, enough said.
The guide we had was very good with the boys and very knowledgable. I understand there were 500 people spending the night in the complex and the staff kept us on track and where we needed to be. We traveled from station to station following our guide and the system worked well. The rockets were very cool and the history was interesting. The imax movies were pretty good but if you sat to low in the theater or off to the sides it was a little difficult to watch. We saw the general movie on flight (planes not rockets and one on the hubble satilite. I would have thought that one on space flight would have been more consistant with the theam of our location so that was kind of a downer.
There was a good mixture of learnig and activities for the boys and even though we started at 9:30 AM and went to 9:00PM and began our second day at 6:30 and left for home at 2:00 the kids had a great time. Very little down time other than meals.
If you get a bad guide you are toast but as I said ours did a good job. I do not know if it is expected or not but we took up a significant tip for our main guide and the assistant.
Even though I lived through all of it I learned a lot and enjoyed my experience.

Lawrenceville, Georgia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Awesome time in the Apache helicopter simulator!”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were in town for a hockey tournament, and took the boys to the space center for the day. Luckily, there weren't many people there, so we got to spend lots of time in many interesting spaces. The museum was extremely informative and extensive, and all of the interactive elements were a huge hit for my boys. My sons and husband LOVED trying out the Apache helicopter simulator. It was a real-life video game. The only thing we missed was the IMAX movie, it was closed for maintenance the day we were there. We will definitely go back again. For the price of admission, it was a great day of fun and learning.

1 Thank aysm
LEESBURG
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Space Center”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Excellent for young and old!Needs more interactive material for the younger visitors

Dubuque
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Awesome!”
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I love this place, though I am a space geek. Great traveling exhibit for Werner Von Braun. My 12 year old son was very impressed.