“Tasty Local Spot”

Ranked #11 of 631 Restaurants in Huntsville
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I was very impressed. Entree, 3 sides, and a drink for $7.87. Not too bad especially when you consider the quality and taste of the food was great. Southern food, good cooking. The portion size is very hearty. The meatloaf is rather different, but good. My only complaint was that my meatloaf was somewhat cold when it came out. Perhaps because my friend ordered the fried catfish (which was amazing) and his food came out very hot. Like it was right out of the fryer. So i imagine my plate was probably sitting there waiting on his fish to finish frying. Not a good practice if this is true, but the food was still delicious. A great value and a very clean restaurant. I was impressed all of the staff seemed very friendly and happy and helpful. They were all well spoken and honest about the place and the food. I will most definately return a few times. They have a new southern cooked special every day of the week!

1  Thank ChefR0b

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The Blue Plate experience is well worthwhile; a traditional offering of typical diner fare is presented. Service is good; the establishment is clean, well-lit, and inviting. Whether one wants a hearty breakfast or a quick lunch during the work day; the Blue Plate Cafe will not disappoint.

1  Thank TimothyW464
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We went to the Tourist Information center (a must if you're visiting the area) and both ladies working there IMMEDIATELY recommended the Blue Plate Cafe when we asked for "local food" for lunch. When we arrived, it looked like there was going to be quite a wait; we were seated within 10 minutes! They have daily meat specials, and then you have the option of 3 sides. My husband ordered green beans, corn and mashed potatoes w/gravy with chicken and dressing being his main entree. I ordered the southern fried catfish and greens, green beans and hashbrown casserole (much better than Cracker Barrel's version, I must say!). Serving sizes more than adequate for lunch time! Quick and friendly service. Bathrooms (if you must visit) were very clean. Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank JohnandJana
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Local gem. My catfish was very fresh and cooked perfectly. Side dishes were very tasty, especially hashbrown casserole. Pecan pie was delicious. Service is prompt and very friendly. The place was packed during Sat lunch. We will be back!

1  Thank lovejazz
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Food is good. Price is okay. Dessert is excellent. The place is very crowded but that is because no one cook's anymore! :)

1  Thank Jonathan F