“Motel was excellent Breakfast was the worst”

Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Florence, Alabama
“Motel was excellent Breakfast was the worst”
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I give top marks to the Hotel in most all categories including helpful staff, cleanliness, and accommodations but if you plan a trip my recommendation is stick with the complimentary continental Breakfast and stay away from the Hot (cooked to order) Breakfast as our experience in that area was horrible.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
We are very sorry you did not care for the cook to order breakfast but are very happy with your good words concerning our hotel and staff. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will share these with our management team for the purpose of bringing improvements needed. We would love for you to give us an opportunity to make up for your poor experience.

Thank you for your feedback and for staying with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Murfreesboro, United States
Reviewed December 12, 2013

For my 40th Birthday my husband took me to Hunstville and we chose this hotel because of the in room jacuzzi. The room was so lovely and comfortable. The lobby was all decorated for Christmas and it was just breathtaking! This hotel was not right on the interstate so there was no traffic noise. The staff was very helpful and friendly. I will definetly come back again!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We are happy you chose our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South to celebrate! Thank you for such a nice review and we look forward to your next visit our way.
Abingdon, Maryland
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stopped staying here a couple of years ago after a few uncomfortable incidents which included receiving a smoking room, breakfast cook accusing me of taking food and staff making me feel extremely unwelcome. I decided because of the convenience of location to give it another try hoping things had improved. There is still some room for improvement but things have improved. Breakfast was outstanding, my compliments to the cook. I would say that it was one of the best Hilton breakfasts. Now for some of the issues- bed, water pressure and noise. The bed was horrible; not up to the normal Hilton standards. It had the comfort settings but no matter where it was set within minutes there was a sink hole which made a restful sleep impossible. The rooms are comfortable but could be improved with new or cleaned shower heads (my shower head was covered in hard water deposits), better water pressure and doors that don't slam when people enter/exist their rooms. The breakfast tables were dirty every morning. One strange thing did occur on this stay. It was later in the evening and there was a knock at the door. I could tell it was someone from the hotel so I asked for a moment while I dressed appropriately. I opened the door and the lady handed my bill and pen. I asked what this was for and she said "its for your room service." I said I didn't order room service but joked with her asking what had they ordered. She said "you didn't order room service and I repeated no." She said "great" and mumbled some other words turned and left. Never once apologized or said good night. I found that very odd but maybe I just had a different up bringing.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
you We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. Your business is important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Again, I thank you very much for your review and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity and stay with us next time you’re in town
Chattanooga, United States
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This hotel was incredible. The value and service our group received during our stay well-exceeded the price of the room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable, and the beds even came with adjustable firmness. The pool and hot tub were indoors, and both were at incredibly comfortable temps. The breakfast we had was probably the best part. It costs around $8 and they serve you pretty much whatever you want--omelets, french toast, bacon, sausage, grits, etc.-- and they bring it out to you just like a restaurant would. In addition, they had the typical continental breakfast stuff like cereal, yogurt, and bagels laid out for anyone who wanted to take something to go. I will definitely be returning to this hotel next year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

 Thank you for taking the time to compliment our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South. We always enjoy hearing from our guests and we look forward to your next visit.
Fort Wayne, IN, United States
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This is an excellent hotel for the money! It is tucked back in a quiet setting. The hotel lobby is very welcoming and the staff were very courteous and helpful. The room was clean and very roomy...as was the bathroom! We will definitely stay again when we are back in the area!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for saying we are an excellent hotel and you will be staying with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South again on your next trip. Thank you for your review and for your business.
Mill Valley
Reviewed November 7, 2013

We are looking forward to our 5th Thanksgiving stay here. The associates are always cheerful, friendly and accommodating. The rooms are clean with comfy beds. We absolutely love the warm salt water pool.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for having us as part of your holiday tradition here at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South. It is great to know you have included us for the last 4 years and are looking forward to this year with us also. Your review is greatly appreciated and so is your business. We look forward to your return!
Indian Springs, United States
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We loved everything about this hotel. I have a service dog in my family and the hotel staff was very accommodating and helpful with putting us near an easy access/exit door on a low floor. I was on a business trip and brought my family with me. The indoor pool was used quite a bit and was nice, clean, and enjoyable. I will be in Huntsville again next week for another business trip and will be staying here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
We are happy you loved our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South and we were happy to accommodate your service dog. We look forward to your visit next week and would like to thank you for your business and your great review.