“Nice property”

Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South
Ranked #12 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
Reviewed January 17, 2013

We stay here a lot and enjoy it. This time we requested a late (2PM) checkout, and was told noon was the latest time for late checkout. We are usually able to have a late 2PM checkout, but not this time. No explanation, just coldly said 12 noon.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

We appreciate you sharing your experience with us, it is through such candid feedback that we’re able to improve our product and services. While the lack of service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, there is no excuse for a cold attitude on the part of any of our employees. We are sorry for the inconvenience and annoyance this incident caused.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here on business a number of times while working on a long Huntsville project. It is off the main highways which I think is a good thing as you don't hear trucks all night like other hotels in this town. It is very quiet but within minutes of downtown. The staff always remembered me and was very helpful. Special requests were always met with a smile and an attitude of 'what else can I do for you?' Hotel is still pretty new and extremely clean which I would not claim for many of the older ones on the highway. Breakfast is hot with omlettes made to order. I usually eat dinner out, but a couple times I ate at the hotel and it was simple but good.

Room Tip: I always ask for an upgrade if available. Many times I am surprised that they have one.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

 Our associates here at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South pride themselves on providing excellent guest service and will be pleased to hear they exceeded your expectations! Your review will certainly be shared with them. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Single overnight on business. My GPS didn't have it in its database, so I wound up at the other Hilton Garden Inn. Not a deal killer though. I'm finding that since I've earned diamond status, no one really cares anymore. When i was silver and gold, I was always welcomed and thanked. Since achieving diamond, it's pretty much just been ignored. This has been at all Hilton properties though; not just this location. Check in was quick, however the room was teh farthest away onthe second floor. Hotel wasn't full, and I never heard another noise the entire night. bed was comfy, and the room clean. The bathroom vanity sported some towel art, which I thought looked too nice to move. Nice touch. Breakfast was good; although not many options for those of us that cannot consume gluten. Yogurt selection was extremely slim. Overall, not bad though.

Only complaint was the shower doors that would not stay on the track. After several attempts of re-setting themin the track, I resorted to jsut lifting them and setting into place! I mentioned it to the front desk as I was leaving, and the clerk didn't really know how to respond! Hopefully it got fixed before the next guest.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

We at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South are pleased to hear you enjoyed the Towel art and how quiet your room was during your stay with us. Please return often!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed here on business. The hotel staff was a little cold, but not impolite. The room was excellent. Very comfortable beds and very nice room in general. The WiFi was also extremely reliable and free to use. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

 We are pleased to hear you enjoyed the WiFi during your stay with us here at the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South. Please return often!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great Hotel. This hotel is newer and very pretty. The pool is very small. The workout room is very nice. The Breakfast is very tasty and made to order. you should try it out. The address did not show up on my gps that is a couple of years old.

Room Tip: I had accessible room and it was huge. The tub was hard to maneuver with only one bar.
1  Thank sljtba

Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice review for our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South. It is nice to hear you liked the breakfast. look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

The HGI Huntsville-Redstone Arsenal makes for a good stay for business travel.

The cons: the windows in the room don't open -- standard design in many of the newer HGIs. Some of the in-room furniture could probably use replacement from wear and tare.

The pros: all the expected amenities that make HGI a cut above the rest for business travelers. Lots of electrical outlets in the room, easily accessible. No digging behind furniture or searching for more than two plugs. Microwave and mini-fridge. Excellent satellite TV selections. Clean rooms. Great breakfast bar with custom-made orders as well as the standard fare, including fresh fruit. Nicely designed lobby with a surprisingly pleasant water treatment. Ample parking, convenient to Redstone Arsenal and NASA.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

We are glad to see your review of our hotel the Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South and your comment "makes for a good stay for business travel." We look forward to hosting you again in the future. Thank You for your review.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Hotel is clean, very typical Garden Inn, which I usually enjoy. A few small things forced to downgrade:

They just could not get the TV working properly. I don't even watch much TV, but it's annoying to call down everytime it wouldn't turn on. 4 different times when I tried to turn it on, I would get static, nothing, or PBS. A service call would get it running again, but not for very long. Sometimes not even a single off/on cycle.

The closet was missing one of its 2 sliding doors. It was just odd.

Everything else was great. not sure why they couldn't get the little stuff right, though. Parking and www were free. Room wired access was pretty good...not super fast, but not tiringly slow, either. Shower was good.

I do like the Garden Inn 'select a firmness' mattresses.

Housekeeping and front desk were super nice. Appreciate all thier help.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Traveler1Tampa, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Huntsville South, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay. While I’m thrilled to hear our staff was friendly and helpful, I regret that the hotel did not meet your expectations. We are in the process of evaluating opportunities for improvement and appreciate your input!