“Fantastic location for work, excellent room, comfortable bed!” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Westin Huntsville
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Alabama
“Fantastic location for work, excellent room, comfortable bed!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2010

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and I have to say the Westin in Huntsville really impressed me. The location is excellent for business or pleasure. Redstone Arsenal is approx. 5 minutes away, downtown is approx. 10 min away, and the airport is approx 10 min away.

The room itself was very clean and modern. The bathroom is awesome. Huge shower! What I can't say enough about however is the bed. The bed has to be one of the best hotel beds I've ever slept on. In my opinion that should count the most.

On top of all I mentioned, the Westin Huntsville is located at Bridge Street - Huntsville's upscale mall. Plenty of stores ranging from clothing to nice restaurants. There is even an Apple Store (rare for Alabama). One thing to check out if you get a chance is the movie theater, Monaco Pictures.

I highly recommend considering the Westin Huntsville.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
lcozad, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, February 8, 2017
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Huntsville. We look forward to your next visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Atlanta,GA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

They would not waive the $50 cancel fee when my son came down the flu the day before we were to travel. I understand cancel fees when hotels are booked near capacity since they lose potential revenue by not rebooking. But this hotel is not even close to full! Bad policy. I would steer clear of this hotel and Westins if they engage in this type of policy.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank HotlantaDad
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for this issue and have forward them to the appropriate manager for resolution.
AL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2010

The professionalism and courteousness from the staff is truly noteworthy. They went above and beyond their duties to assist us with anything we needed. For the price paid though, I expected a bit more luxury in the room. Our view was overlooking an adjacent roof top with it's duct work and off to the side you could see the lake and interstate. I then realized there were really no good views from any room here, you either get the parking lot or the rooftops. Suprisingly the room didn't even have a microwave. The beds, although only full size, were very cozy and inviting and the shower with it's double heads was a nice touch. The amenities offered were above average, such as the robe, Starbucks coffee's and the wonderful smelling shampoo's. The gym was perfect, as well as the hot tub and pool. The kids really enjoyed it!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank SouthernBelle4
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2009

I have wanted to write about this hotel for some time a I have stayed there several times over the past year. From the entering to the last day you sign out, service in this hotel is very good. The lobby area is open,spacious and very nicely appointed. The restaurant is excellent, and even though the menu is somewhat limited the food is prepared with the care of a 4 star restaurant! Whats great about staying at the Westin Huntsville, is that it's inside the Bridge Street Towne Center. With shops, restaurants and a killer of a movie theater, there is nothing mediocre about staying in this Hotel!
Now for my dislikes! if you are lucky enough to have a room with the view of the main "walk" its quite nice. But some rooms face the parking lot and a very unattractive view of the black topped roof is the first thing you see. While the pool is very nicely done with a killer of a whirlpool, there needs to be more visible 'rules' and a few more visits by staff members to make sure the rules are adhered to. Twice when staying at this hotel, people allowed their small kids to play int he whirlpool when the rules state that children under 14 are not allowed. One time when I had visited the whirlpool, some kids came in with their parents and they went straight for the whirlpool. Some were toddler age. The next day I went to use the whirlpool it was cloudy and full of bacterial foam when I cranked it up. Needless to say I did not get in. I was very disappointed because its soooo good..like 10 jets...good and warm...and roomy!
Also, both my wife and I are avid tennis players, it would have been nice to have been able to play some while we were there. They have a well equipped gym but jogging and working out gets a little boring.
Bottom line.... If you need a great venue for a conference of a function and can afford the premium price, this Hotel is top notch. And after the conference, Bridge Street is a great place to hang out! Downtown Huntsville is just a 10 minute cab ride to boot!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2009

We stayed at the Westin Huntsville during Thanksgiving. I waited a week to write this review just to see if my opinion could change for the better. This is a new hotel in a location at an upscale mall. It is just so boring! If you work in a large office complex and like the decor of your office or cubicle then you will LOVE this. There are lots or browns and backs throughout. The decor is not bad, just boring. The front desk staff staff is young but very professional and polite. There is valet parking offered but you should not need to use the service because there is ample parking. There is a charge for valet parking which I am sure discourages its use. The valet attendant spent the entire time opening doors during our stay. Our room was on the 4th floor facing the lake part of the mall. To access your floor you must use your card key to even use the elevator, a nice security touch especially considering the possible easy access by mall patrons. Once in the room I was disappointed with the decor and housekeeping. The tables were dusty and the room had the personality of a corporate takeover. But, the beds were comfortable and there was a nice LCD TV. I thought it was cheap to charge an extra $10 per day for internet access. There are hot spots throughout the mall so internet access was easy to obtain outside the hotel. I just thought it was another way to nickel and dime the customer. I word of warning. There is an unpleasant odor outside the hotel, almost like a sewer. It is faint but you notice it. I read the reviews on this place prior to booking and some people love it. It just was too boring, the rooms too dusty, the outside odor too unpleasant and I got nickeled and dimed too much for me.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your valuable feedback. We apologize for these issues and have forward them to the appropriate manager for resolution. WiFi is now complimentary in all guest rooms!
Birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2009

I'm honored to write a review on not just the physical property and ammenities of the Westin hotel in Huntsville but more importantly I'd like to comment on the management and staff at my home-away-from-home. I'm a traveling salesman and the Westin has become my home every Thursday evening. Yes there are other options in Huntsville, and I have tried them all, but I am most satisfied with this one and here's why:

Gosia Sullivan pours her heart and soul into the lives of her guest and staff. Whether you're enjoying the ammenities of the hotel, the amazing indoor/outdoor pool (which my kids enjoy from time-to-time), or your having a fine meal at their numerous venue options, what stands out to me is their commitment to the small details.

The Westin is conveniently located in a brand-new shopping development featuring many well-known shops and restaurants. Within a hundred feet of the lobby is one of Alabama's premiere movie theateres featuring an "adult-only" balcony section offering a full service bar and dining services right there in the theater.

I give this hotel, for what it's worth 5 stars on everything.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Nashville, TN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2009

I love this hotel. It is spotless with lots of amenities. Room service was quick and delicious. Beds were incredibly comfortable!! I've already stayed there twice, and they've been open less than a year. I will stay here again!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends