“Wonderful hospitality & beautiful hotel”

The Westin Huntsville
Ranked #15 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Milford, Delaware
“Wonderful hospitality & beautiful hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Westin is always a wonderful hotel experience. Of course, they're known for the heavenly beds and amenities. But, at the Westin Huntsville is was the great guest service that really stood out. They were so accommodating. It's also a great location with walking distance to shopping and dining. The conference center wifi was great but the in-room wifi was very slow. I'd also suggest some deep cleaning of the showers. But, overall I'd stay here again if I ever come back to Huntsville.

Room Tip: Ask for a king size bed with non-smoking.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Many thanks for your excellent review. I am happy to hear that the customer service extended by our associates made such a difference during your stay. The location is indeed wonderful and you have over 70 shopping and dining options within walking distance. Thank you for your feedback about the wifi and shower condition. We will take action immediately to remedy these two matters. Thank you for your confidence in staying with us next time you are in Huntsville!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Neosho, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Westin while I was on a business trip. The hotel is in a perfect location near my workplace, plus right next to the Bridge Street Town Center with great shops and restaurants. So while I was working my husband had plenty of options to keep him busy. The staff at the Westin were very accommodating and helpful. We even extended our stay because the hotel was so nice and relaxing. The restaurant was great! Everything was fabulous. We will definitely stay there again!

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for business. I am glad to hear that your husband could join you and that both of you had a great stay. I must agree with you that there is plenty to do at the hotel and around Bridge Street Town Center. Thank you for your compliments about the Sage Grille restaurant and accommodations. Greetings from all of us at the Westin Huntsville!
Guntersville, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Our room accommodations were superb ! However, our package included a brunch and that was a disaster! Brunch was supposedly the breakfast bar served before 10:30 am and after that time, a limited menu, that was not part of the package. That was never explained even though we asked about it upon check in and was told brunch was served in the restaurant the next morning. The service was horrible as it took an hour and 15 minutes to finish. Ask questions at check in to make sure you understand the limitations.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room accommodations. Thank you for your feedback about your dinning experience. We are sorry to hear that there was misunderstanding about the package that you reserved. I have checked with our reservations manager and we have not been recently offering any packages that include a brunch. Some of our packages include breakfast buffet and/or in-room dinning. You may find the full description of our packages on our website. It is our standard procedure to confirm all reservations via email and we also provide welcome letters at check-in for all our packages so guests can use these documents as points of reference if a package has several components. We regret to hear that the dining experience was not efficient. Our F&B Director received your comments and will use your feedback for service improvement. Again, sincere apologies that you have been misinformed about the package. Please feel free to contact me directly to help you plan the next visit. Gosia Sullivan, Dir. of Rooms 256-428-5408.
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have stayed at this location more than once. Read a couple of the other reviews and decided to throw in a good word for this location. I, too, have stayed at other Westin Locations. We stayed the weekend here recently. I can't say enough good about this location.
First let me start with the honesty and integrity of the staff, primarily the maid service. I left my wedding rings in my room and had NO PROBLEM getting them back!! I also left my special pillow in the room(I'm usually not this bad. My husband was hurrying me) They could not locate the pillow. I was nice about it, but so disappointed. The Front Desk Clerk discussed the matter with her manager and they gave me a BRAND new pillow to replace the one I had left in the room. I couldn't believe it!
On to the food! LUV the breakfast bar! the guys making the omelets was AMAZING! The staff waited on us hand and foot, we wanted for nothing .
Overall, this was a great location. Everyone was so nice and attentive! Room was clean, beds comfy, etc

Room Tip: 4th & 5th floor have great views!! for those of you who have never visited Huntsville, located i...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
lcozad, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, February 8, 2017
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Huntsville. We look forward to your next visit!
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I see lots of good reviews but I just have to figure they are written by visitors that have only been once. This hotel on the surface seems nice. But if you are on the first three floors, it's grungy. The noise between rooms is easily heard through the vents. I'm a Starwood Preferred member but have literally been moved out of my room for another "more important guest." The restaurant downstairs is brutal slow if you order. The wifi is a joke and you have to pay for it. I've actually come with one reservation confirmation as one should but have had to check out and check back in. I get NO guest perks for being a Starwood member at all. I only stay because of our corp rate and account. But going to work to get it changed. This hotel isn't really that good. Best is the location next to the outside shopping and movie theater.

• Stayed October 2013
Gosia S, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you for your review. We regret to hear that we have not met your expectations. Your feedback for improvement is important to us and will be carefully analyzed by our management team. Please note a few new improvements that we have been recently working on in order to add more value to guest experiences: newly renovated Westin WorkOut Fitness Studio, The Westin Heavenly Shower by Kohler (rain showers) that conserve water - available now on the SPG Club Floor and soon in all guest rooms; New Balance Gear Lending program, Clean the World, Superfoods menus, Make a Green Choice Program that offers bonus SPG points for guests that opt out of daily room cleaning services. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you will find these features useful and valuable during your future stays. Please feel free to contact me directly, so I can ensure the comfort of your stay and SPG member recognition. Gosia Sullivan, Director of Rooms & Front Office Operations
256-428-5408.
Atoka, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

I recently was with a group of 45 Adults and we stayed at this fine hotel. When you first walk in, the spaciousness of the lobby was just perfect. If you look straight from the front door through the back (Lot's of Windows) you see a beautiful courtyard with a walkway lined with Itatian Cypress trees. Your first impression is WOW! The rooms had upscale amenities, bath robes and modern furnishings and bathrooms. We had the breakfast buffett daily. It had a great variety of choices and an omelet station. It has a lovely indoor/outdoor pool and a gym with a great view. HERE IS THE BEST THING ABOUT THIS HOTEL FOR GROUPS: LOCATION! You walk out ANY door and you will be within steps of shopping, restaurants and entertainment. The hotel is literally within this shop/eat/entertainment complex. There is no need to roll out the big bus for dinner. The hotel staff was helpful and seemed grateful to us for staying with them. Check in and out was a breeze. A special thank you to Josi Barysch for making sure our group was comfortable and and that everything went smoothly. She is truly a group and meeting professional who knows what she is doing.

Room Tip: The hotel has great views on three sides. The other side is a parking lot. Ask for a view of the sho...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
We would like to thank you for your 5 star rating. Thank you for your review and noticing so many great features of the Westin Huntsville. We could have not asked for a more detailed guest who cherishes the great features of the hotel. It is wonderful to know that you and your group were WOWed by our accommodation, services and the location. I must agree with you that the location of the hotel is superb. Once you park your car complimentary in our parking lot, you can enjoy quick walks to 70 different stores and restaurants. We would like to thank you for sharing these comments with us and we are looking forward to hosting you again soon! Kind regard,
Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is almost 100% Westin..... having stayed in other Westins, I was thrilled that our group was staying in a Westin (always a treat). "Almost" a Westin because the bed linens, and overall "downiness" of the bed was not what I expected (based on other Westin experiences - to include Westin at the Detroit airport). Other than that, the location is superior (so much to do in the walking area and very close to work...) The hotel is clean and the rooms are work friendly. The fitness room is well equipped and also clean. Since we were on a work budget, no one in our group tried the pricy breakfast ($16+). We were told that was the cost regardless of cook breakfast or buffet. Sure our company would not tolerate a $16+ tip breakfast. A cheaper alternative would keep customers in the hotel in the AM - something to think about.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Alps110
Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you gave us very high scores for the room cleanliness, facility and location which is right next to Bridge Street Town Center. I am glad that you had an opportunity to visit our well equipment and recently upgraded Westin Workout Fitness Studio. Thank you for your feedback about the linen. Please note that the hotel currently uses the same linen vendor as any other Westin in North America. We also appreciate your feedback about breakfast. Thank you again for taking the time to share your stay experiences. We are looking forward to your next group or leisure trip.