“Excellent accomodations and customer service. Close to entertainment.”

The Westin Huntsville
Ranked #16 of 53 Hotels in Huntsville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Huntsville, Alabama
“Excellent accomodations and customer service. Close to entertainment.”
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Booked two rooms at this location for a small group. Had an awesome time for a 'staycation'. The staff was pleasant and friendly, and even gave me a tour of the facility. The food was excellent, and I spent some time in the hot tub and pool areas. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the bathrooms are laced with elegant stonework. Recommend staying at this location - 5 stars.

Room Tip: Call ahead of time and the friendly staff will accomodate requests or special needs.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
WestinHuntsville, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for your kind review! We were happy to host your group and to provide a tour of our 4 Star hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Due to The Westin staff support, we were able to host a very successful conference and exhibition. We commended the staff for their outstanding work, commitment, and professionalism as a key partner of the Aviation and Missile Command and Team Redstone Conference Team.

At the end of the conference, we requested the serving staff to return and the over 500 attendees gave them a standing applauds based onthe excellent service provided during the conference.

We laster presented the assigned event manager and key team members a framed letter of appreciation addressed to the General Manager. Based onthis experience, we recommended this facility to another G-3 organization and they also used this facility. Feedback from them was they also was very pleased with the excellent support and services provided.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to host your group! We are here to provide assistance in making your event as perfect as possible. Thank you for recommending us to others as well. That's the very best kind of thank you for us to receive.
Reviewed July 20, 2011

We have hosted 3 USG meetings at the Westin, which include foreign dignitaries. The Westin is wonderful to work with in planning the meetings, taking care of lodging needs, and ensuring that cultural sensitivity is a priority. The service of the hotel staff, whether it be a catering staff member, sales team member, or a/v staff member, is simply impeccable and make my job as the meeting planner extremely easy! The easy access to shopping and dining is also a plus - and something our meeting attendees love. I highly recommend the Westin for your conference/meeting needs!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
WestinHuntsville, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Thank you for allowing us to host your VIP groups! We understand how important your VIPs are and we are so happy to read that you are so pleased! We look forward to hosting you all again.
Reviewed July 19, 2011

First of all, where can you stay at a hotel and have numerous dining option, walk to a movie theater or bowling alley, and rent paddle boats on the water. The Westin in Huntsville is the most elegant, beautiful place I have stayed. It's resort quality accomadations are truly an executive's dream away from home. We hosted the Alabama firefighters convention here and was overwhelmed with the best customer service and outstanding rooms. The Westin Huntsville is very clean and everything you need are at your finger tips. It is well worth the higher price for the product that I recieved when I stayed here. The food in the restaurant cannot be beat in flavor, quantity, and presentation. Bartenders were always friendly. The fitness center and indoor/outdoor pool was amazing. The event staff was amazing along with the marketing and reservation staff. I can't wait until my next stay at the Westin.

Room Tip: Reserve the suite, it is well worth the additional money!!!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
lcozad, Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, February 8, 2017
Thank you for staying with us at the Westin Huntsville. We look forward to your next visit!
Reviewed July 19, 2011

We had my daughters 13th birthday party at Bridge Street July 9th, and Stayed at the Westin. She and her friends had so much fun, and my husband and I enjoyed the security and relaxation of the pool and bartenders on duty. The rooms were very cleaned, and spacious...

We also enjoy the Westin when the Semper Fi Community Task Force brings in the Wounded Warriors for Veterans day weekend. The first couple of years, they were staying at the Embassy, then when the Westin came to BridgeStreet, the Task Force decided to try the Westin, and since the Hero's had such WONDERFUL words to say about their stay and things to do, the Task Force has been going back every since.. BEST MOVE YET!!! And ENOUGH CAN'T BE SAID ABOUT THE STAFF.. WONDERFUL PEOPLE.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank RHONDAPHALL
Thank you for taking the time to post your fabulous review of our hotel. Celebrating a 13th birthday is a big deal and we were glad to provide you and your family with a wonderful birthday getaway!
We are HONORED to be a small part of assisting the Semper Fi Task Force and Wounded Warriors group. It is an event that our entire staff look forward to each year!!!!
Huntsville
Reviewed July 16, 2011

The problems are too many to list but I'll mention a few. I stayed the month:
1. The hotel does not match the federal government per diem which is a common industry practice when the hotel isn't that nice.
2. The wireless and wired Internet service is the worst I've seen in 10 years. The service cuts out even in the lobby and bar where you expect to have great service. In addition, my iPhone was hacked twice which would not have happened if not for the bad Internet service. Specifically, the fact the service cuts out nearly every minute and then goes through the authentication process (user name and password) allows any and all other nearby systems to cause your laptop / iPhone to log in. Before I knew it, my phone date was changed to 2037 and I could not use my phone until I recycled the power.
3. $OMG bar tab... $11 a shot for Drambuie at the bar, this is Alabama! You have got to be kidding me. Teh drinks are measured to the "T" and my triple straight shot was replaced with a double before taking a drink when a bug was found in my glass (not sure why but I had enough at this point and never returned to the bar).
4. The TV stations are the poorest selection seen to date.
5. No refrigerator in the room, no self service laundry, tiny ironing board with worn out covers which causes the metal imprint on business shirts (you must use a towel on the ironing board).
6. While facing the room office desk, turning to the side in your chair will cause your leg to bang a sharp pointed corner which led to multiple bruises over my stay.
7. Overall very dark room although the room has 5 lights.
8. The phone system is spotty. It rings, you answer and hear a dial tone, then hang up and it rings again and your party is there. You must go through that routine each time anyone calls (pickup, hangup and then answer).

As someone else pointed out, the lobby is nice, service and people are good but this must be a locally owned hotel because no chain would such management.
Other hotels in the area are much nicer and cheaper. The hotel does have a nice location near a shopping mall, and parking is ample.

I will never stay at another Westin, I've learned my lesson.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank tjtemp
WestinHuntsville, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Dear tjtemp,
While we appreciate you posting your review, we are a bit confused by it as we did not have these types of complaints listed by any long term hotel guest. As always, if you or any guest are displeased with any service, amenity, or cost of an item, please ask to speak with a manager immediately. We aim to please and want to insure nothing short of an exceptional 4 star experience.
We do offer a per diem rate on a first come, first serve basis. Our rates are priced competitively with the market otherwise.
We have addressed the internet challenges with our IT department to increase the wireless processing speed, both in the lobby area and within the guest rooms.
We offer more than 85 television channels in our guest rooms, more than most other hotels in the area.
We do offer refrigerators at the guest’s request and additionally, will pre-stock items of the guests’ choice.
I would be more than happy to discuss the other items listed. Please call the hotel directly and ask for the Public Relations Director or you may ask for me directly should you wish to book a future stay and I will do my best to insure a wonderful experience.
Thank you.
Natchez, Mississippi
Reviewed July 10, 2011

The hotel does not live up to the price charged for the rooms. The lobby is nice, and the service good – but I got better service and amenities at the Holiday Inn Downtown for half the price. I agree with other reviewers that the charge for wireless is exorbitant and I am not sure how this is “standard business practice in Huntsville” since a brief survey of my colleagues at other hotels found that their wireless was free. The hotel does have a nice location near a shopping mall, and parking is ample.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
4 Thank Denver_Mullican
WestinHuntsville, Public Relations Manager at The Westin Huntsville, responded to this review, July 12, 2011
Dear Denver_Mullican,
I see from your profile that you have left many reviews for hotels, restaurants, etc during your travels. Feedback is crucial for all of us so thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts. We strive to provide a 4 Star experience for each guest and we apologize that we did not exceed this on your recent stay. Yes, I agree that the main challenge seems to be the in-room internet charge of $9.95 and yes, many other hotels in the area also charge for this usage. Again, we do provide complimentary Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby and complimentary internet in our 24 hour business center. If you would like to share more information regarding the feedback from your colleagues, I would be more than happy to discuss with you.
We do provide ample free parking for our guests and we are thrilled to be a part of the Bridge Street Town Centre community. It does offer our guests the ability to see a new movie, dine in more than a dozen restaurants and shop in over 50 retailers, including the only Apple Store in the area, without ever having to leave the development.
Public Relations Manager