“surprisingly bad”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
alabama
“surprisingly bad”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

we tried this place because people rave about it. I can't believe what they might be eating, but our meal was not good. I have traveled all over Asia and have never had rice as bad, it was so wet that it was mushy and in big clumps. The portions were small compared to other restaurants in the area. The appetizers were so overcooked, you could hardly into them. I ordered the pad prik to come Thai hot, it was so bland I wouldn't even call it one star hot. My husband is a wuss with spicy food and even he said his chicken masaman was bland. We like to find locally owned restaurants instead of chains but this was so disappointing, we won't be back.

Visited June 2014

Huntsville, Alabama
“Love this Place!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Thai Gardens is one of my regular stops every few weeks or so. It is a great place to meet friends and the staff is very friendly. Now for the food - it's good too! I usually end up getting the same dish (#36, 2 stars - chicken and cashews, hot), but their menu is extensive and varied. Their mee krob (crispy stir-fried noodles) is a wonderful appetizer, along with the spring rolls. Great little Thai restaurant in the middle of 5 Points!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank anita1953
Athens, Alabama
“Great Service, Fair Food”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Our first trip here was for a weekday lunch served from 11-2 PM M-F. We both ordered from the lunch menu with several meals offered at about $9.00 each including soup or salad, spring rolls and the main dish. The soup was good, an egg drop type but was mostly just a flavored broth. The spring rolls were the fried type, very small and just fair. But main dishes were just ok as well. It seemed to me the dishes were more like Chinese than Thai although they were spiced more like Thai. Generous portions were served, plenty for a lunch special. Our cost without tip and drinks was $19.33. This is a nice place, very friendly people and great service.

• Visited December 2013
Huntsville, Alabama
“Carry out lunch CRAP”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I didn't even get to the food, I was going over the menu, and found some things I wanted, then I read the line. Soups and Salad don't come on carry out.

Called them to clarify, surely they don't charge full price for it and not give you everything? WRONG. Still full price, but you don't get soup or salad. Thanks, but no thanks. Lost a potentially long standing (first time) customer over a bowl of soup.

Don't support a place that treats customers this way, I certainly won't.

• Visited November 2013
Florence, AL
“Yes, I cleaned my plate”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Okay, so I love Thai and seldom get the pleasure to eat and enjoy. So a lot of food was ordered and all of it was consumed. None of it was bad and none went to waste. Ordered teh fried tofu to start. Adore the texture and the spicy peanut sauce it comes with. Followed it up with coconut soup which is heavenly. I went for the spicy vegetables with chili paste. I asked for three stars and should have gone four and a half but thankfully these poeple have you covered. There's plenty of condiments on the table. Crushed chili's were only a reach away. I always try to hit his place when in Huntsville and have never been disappointed. The wait staff is friendly, the food is fantastic and it's a solid value. Highly recommend it!

• Visited July 2013